Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update.Chase Freedom recommended approval and 2 nd review denied

tag
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

Update.Chase Freedom recommended approval and 2 nd review denied

I was just gonna keep everyone here updated about the chase freedom app first was denied then was recomended approval then denied

Ok, what else i can do as far as this app goes.Do i give up or is any executive phone number i could call or just recon one more time?

Thanks for any input on this

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
*LOWES $6K *CMN BANK $5.2K-*PNC $5K*SCLUB DISC. $5K*
WMART DISC.4K*CMN BANK 3.75K*BANK OF AMERICA $3K* MACYS $2.2K*
JCP $1.8*TARGET $0.7K* UTL1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/
Transunion 718 Equifax 733- Experian 736
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
ryanbush
Valued Contributor

Re: Update.Chase Freedom recommended approval and 2 nd review denied

I think if you were denied after a recommend for approval from the analyst that you probably need to give it 6 months and app again, I don't think reconning again is going to help.

Chase Sapphire Perferred | Chase Freedom | AMEX Platinum | AMEX Delta Platinum | AMEX SPG | Capital One Venture | Capital One Quicksliver | Discover IT | ABFCU Visa | Citi AA WEMC
Message 2 of 13
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Chase freedom denied after recon credit analyst recommend approval pending second review

Ur absolutly right.I dont wanna waste more energy with this.I do believe though that chase was right for the denial base on my new accounts from 4 months ago

They did recomend that the new accounts age from 6 to 12 months and they should have no problem with the approval.

CITI FORWARD $15K -PENFED $6,5K- PAYPAL MC $6K
LOWES $6K -COMMENITY $5.2K- PNC $5K- WMART DISC $4K
COMENITY $3.75K BANK OF AMERICA $3K -SAMS CLUB DC $2.5K MACYS $2.2K
JC PENNY $1.8KARGET $0.7K 1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/

Transunion 714 Equifax 730- Experian 736

Didn't you already answer your own question?  Wait the 6-12 mos- Chase recons are great and their analysts are really good. You have alot of nice new prime cards...let them age and you will probably get a much higher limit as opposed to settling for a CL (if they approve you) that you would not be happy with ange dealing with HP for CLI. 
Message 3 of 13
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
Re: Chase freedom denied after recon credit analyst recommend approval pending second review

Ur absolutly right.I dont wanna waste more energy with this.I do believe though that chase was right for the denial base on my new accounts from 4 months ago

They did recomend that the new accounts age from 6 to 12 months and they should have no problem with the approval.

CITI FORWARD $15K -PENFED $6,5K- PAYPAL MC $6K
LOWES $6K -COMMENITY $5.2K- PNC $5K- WMART DISC $4K
COMENITY $3.75K BANK OF AMERICA $3K -SAMS CLUB DC $2.5K MACYS $2.2K
JC PENNY $1.8KARGET $0.7K 1%- AAOA 5.5- TOTAL 12 yrs History/

Transunion 714 Equifax 730- Experian 736

Didn't you already answer your own question?  Wait the 6-12 mos- Chase recons are great and their analysts are really good. You have alot of nice new prime cards...let them age and you will probably get a much higher limit as opposed to settling for a CL (if they approve you) that you would not be happy with ange dealing with HP for CLI. 

I was just wondering if all i could do is done and move on thats all.I appreciate all the support from everyone here.Thanks guys

COMMERCE BANK PLATINIUM VISA 20K*PAYPAL MC $9.5K*CITI FORWARD $8.5K*PENFED $6,5K*
Message 4 of 13
shakalaka
Established Contributor

Sorry for you, but patience is your friend. I know it is hard, but I just would garden for some time. You have some nice lines already. Calling the EO wouldn´t help much I guess, after this final denial.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 5 of 13
astritaho1979
Frequent Contributor

I guess gardening is the way to go right now.Its ok though i got approved for the citi forward this month and i got the foot in to the citis door wich is a great step

But you know what iam really suprised from all the support in here and glad we help eachother.Thank you

Message 6 of 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

yes now garden! for about a year and your going to be golden. 

Let those INQUIRIES age away from your score!

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 7 of 13
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

OMG! I didn't know it was truly possible to get denied after recommended approval. You can call back one last time and tell them you were denied after being recommended for approval to see if there is a chance for approval. If that goes bad, I would wait 6 months as the others said.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 8 of 13
shakalaka
Established Contributor

@MovingForward_2012 wrote:
OMG! I didn't know it was truly possible to get denied after recommended approval. You can call back one last time and tell them you were denied after being recommended for approval to see if there is a chance for approval. If that goes bad, I would wait 6 months as the others said.

You really think, one can be approved after two denials? One after a recon? And if so, one would get a decent limit to start with and not only $500? I sincerly doubt that ... Just my 2 cents.

FICO (TU/EX/EQ): 773/766/778 - Total CL 255+K
Message 9 of 13
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

It has happened here before. There were a few lucky people that were denied twice and approved on the third round. Difference is they were denied after recon, not denied after recommended approval following recon. There is a small chance of approval so I thought I would mention it.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.