Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update.Chase Freedom recommended approval and 2 nd review denied

tag
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

Re: Update.Chase Freedom recommended approval and 2 nd review denied

I don't think the limit would be decent no but the goal is to get in the door.
Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 11 of 13
PleioneG
Regular Contributor

I was denied twice then approved on third round. They gave me a $500 credit limit and told me I need to call back on Monday to verify the account. When I called to verify, they transfered me to a lady who started to give a speech about how I wasn't approved.... and then I told her I was already reconsiderd and approved for $500 and just called to verify the account like I was instructed. She put me on hold and came back to tell me the account is active and good to go. 

Being slightly assertive helped big time here. Worse they can say is no.

BK7 Discharge: 2/18.
Message 12 of 13
MovingForward_2012
Valued Contributor

@PleioneG wrote:

I was denied twice then approved on third round. They gave me a $500 credit limit and told me I need to call back on Monday to verify the account. When I called to verify, they transfered me to a lady who started to give a speech about how I wasn't approved.... and then I told her I was already reconsiderd and approved for $500 and just called to verify the account like I was instructed. She put me on hold and came back to tell me the account is active and good to go. 

Being slightly assertive helped big time here. Worse they can say is no.

+1

Cards: Orchard Bank ($1100) | Cap1 Cash Rewards ($2500) | Chase Freedom ($1000) | Best Buy ($2500) | Discover It ($1000) | Barclay Rewards ($2500) | Current scores: EX FAKO: 684, CK TU: 649, FICO EQ: 680, FICO TU: 698, FICO EX: 658 Happy Homeowner Since 2/6/13! Smiley Happy Last App: 4/5/13 Gardening until July 2014
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.