Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Update: Comenity approval, account opened, then subsequently closed

tag
kade6767
Contributor

Update: Comenity approval, account opened, then subsequently closed

UPDATE: Today, 1/20/15, I was able to speak with someone at the Comenity consumer relations number, 1-800-303-1368 and had the matter resolved.

It was the first rep I have spoken to that actually understood what happened and she reopened the account. Finally.

On January 3, 2015, I spoke to Comenity Bank to answer security questions to verify my identity because I had fraud alerts on my CR. Passed everything and what they asked all pertained to me. Fast-forward a couple weeks later when I applied for other Comenity issued cards and they keep asking me questions that have nothing to do with me. I found out they used Experian. I contacted Experian and they had someone else's ss# on my report. Ok, removed and they removed the alert.

But after Comenity tried to verify me with the other cards and I didn't pass, they of course denied me those cards and then closed my A&F as fraud! And they started reporting this account on my CR within a couple days of approval. I spoke to one person in fraud and they refused to do anything about it. Is there any other inside or backdoor number to call to speak with someone? I think it's crazy that I even said I'd go into the store with my ID and they pretty much were very rude. If they won't open the account, I want it off my report completely.

Walmart Store Card $5,000 Bank of America Cash Rewards $4,500 Chase Amazon Visa $3,000 Capital One QS1 $1,250 Macy's $1,600
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Comenity approval, account opened, then subsequently closed

I have been going through a similar issue wiwith comenity bank. I can't do sp  credit line increase requests online or over the phone because they claim I have a fraud alert on my experian.  Called and confirmed with experian that I in fact do not nor have ever had a fraud alert on my credit report.  They refuse to do anything!  Very incompetent bank. Will be closing those cards very soon. Best of luck with your situation.  I just c a led the number on here on the backdoor number sticky. 

Message 2 of 12
kade6767
Contributor

I don't understand how some folks seem to have no problems at all and others feel like we do. I mean, I just opened a BoA Visa without any issues. Comfirmed my identity without a problem. Comenity is the only one that has lousy CS and I have these issues with. I don't really care about it anymore except now it's just the principal. And, if they're going to show an account on my CR then give me my card! BTW, where did you find the Comenity backdoor sticky?

Walmart Store Card $5,000 Bank of America Cash Rewards $4,500 Chase Amazon Visa $3,000 Capital One QS1 $1,250 Macy's $1,600
Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's right at the top of the credit card application forum. I have had these cards 6 months. Never a problem.  Then they pput fraud alerts on all of them preventing me from cli. I don't get it. Checked all my reports. Clean,no fraud alerts nor fraud activity.  I have no idea where they get this from. They blame the cra's  but there are no alerts on any of them. Something internal  is very wrong with this crappy bank. Customer service is awful.  No one knows what they are doing. Joke!  

Message 4 of 12
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

I would suggest that you register CFPB complaints about this.

Message 5 of 12
kade6767
Contributor

@gdale6 wrote:

Since I'm still new to a lot of things, what is CFPB? Like a better business bureau?

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kade6767 wrote:

I don't understand how some folks seem to have no problems at all and others feel like we do. I mean, I just opened a BoA Visa without any issues. Comfirmed my identity without a problem. Comenity is the only one that has lousy CS and I have these issues with. I don't really care about it anymore except now it's just the principal. And, if they're going to show an account on my CR then give me my card! BTW, where did you find the Comenity backdoor sticky?

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Message 7 of 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@kade6767 wrote:

@gdale6 wrote:

Since I'm still new to a lot of things, what is CFPB? Like a better business bureau?

essentially ... google is your friendSmiley Happy

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kade6767 wrote:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Backdoor-Numbers/td-p/408066

Message 9 of 12
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Strange... Hope you get things resolved OP.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.