Moderator Emeritus

Re: Upgraded to Capital One Venture One over chat

Congrats on the PC and AF waiver!!
Message 11 of 17
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@sghosh5 wrote:

Upgraded one of my Capital One Quicksilver cards to Venture One Platinum card (no annual fees). Again Cap One proved to be very good to me. Have this card about a year now. Started with a $300 dollar limit in March 2013.

Congrats on your PC Smiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 12 of 17
Ridewithme38
New Contributor

Congrats on the upgrade!

I had my CapitalOne Platinum card CL increased to $3,750 (from $750) about a month ago, then called last week about lowering my APR(it's 24.9%) and they said they couldn't do it, but they DID upgrade me to a CapitalOne QuicksilverOne card.  

The thing that threw me for a loop, with the upgrade, they kept my old APR(24.9%) and Annual fees($19), while if i have just gotten the QuicksilverOne card through a new account, the APR maxes out at 22.9%, but the Annual fee goes up to $39. 

Are you sure your APR and Annual fee changed with the upgrade?

3/12/2014:Experian: 684 ~ Equifax: 701 ~ Transunion: 678
4/16/2014:Experian: 718 ~ Equifax: 691 ~ Transunion: 707
7/31/2015:Experian: 660 ~ Equifax: 650 ~ Transunion: 661
8/28/2015:Experian: 716 ~ Equifax: 723 ~ Transunion: 743
Open: Venture (8/15) $10,000 VentureOne(8/15) $10,000 Barclay RCI Elite Rewards (4/14) $5,000 Quicksilver (8/12) $4,550 PayPal SmartConnect (11/07) $4,000 Simmons (8/15): $3,000 STS Credit Card (CFNA): $1,600
Gardening starting August 13, 2015 till....Goal: 760 across the board or bust!! (I need a car)
Message 13 of 17
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

My APR did not change. It is 19.9% and i really don't carry huge balances for long. But yes i confirmed by annual fee is zero now and Venture One card (yellow one) is zero annual fees. Quicksiver One is not annual fee free.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 14 of 17
toothgrind3r
Established Contributor

@toi34 wrote:

Did you get CLI too? Why is Venture One better than Quicksilver One?

I have the QuicksilverOne.  Really wanted the Venture.  So I thought I'd see what the difference is in terms of cash back/credit back.

Below are the different scenerios.  Spending by month / how much rewards you get per year.

*if the card has an AF, the AF has already been subtracted in the total in my examples.  So, with AF's being waved for the first year, or for those that are able to get the AF's waived completely, just add $39 or $59 to the total for you're card in question.

*Obviously Venture is miles based, Quicksilver is cashback based.  So, Venture, 42,000 miles + $420 available to be put ONLY towards travel expenses.

Spend $2000 a month

• Venture - $420 a year
  • VentureOne - $300 a year
  • Quicksilver - $360 a year
  • QuicksilverOne - $320 a year

Spend $1500 a month

• Venture - $300
  • VentureOne - $225
  • Quicksilver - $270
  • QuicksilverOne - $230

Spend 1000 a month

• Venture - $180
  • VentureOne - $150
  • Quicksilver - $180
  • QuicksilverOne - $140

So, the Venture comes out on top everytime.  But I was surprised to see for the most part, either Quicksilver card beats the VentureOne, even after paying the AF on the QuicksilverOne.

The more you spend, the more valuable the Venture becomes.  But, those miles can only be used towards travel expenses,  whereas the Quicksilver cashback can be used against anything via Purchase Eraser.  

I've got some cards. Some are pretty, some are ugly. Some are more useful than others.
Message 15 of 17
chancep
Valued Member

Congrats! I had similar success. I was able to get my Platinum card that is currently in the credit steps program PC'd into a QS card over chat. No hard pull, and the QS card I got has no annual fee. APR and limit stayed the same however. I'm only 4 statements into their credit steps program so I'm just happy they were willing to do anything for me at all.

Message 16 of 17
sghosh5
Valued Contributor

I don't spend much on Cap One cards anymore. I did some balance transfer to both of them from American Express cards and paying those balances off. My everyday cards are AMEX gold or CHASE cards. Discover for eating out till March 31. After March 31, CHASE freedom will be used for eating out. 

The only reason Cap One cards are still interesting for me is they don't have any international transaction fee. Which is very useful for me.

Shell FCU : 5K
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.