Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrades, Axes and Increases, oh my!

tag
Ashes
Frequent Contributor

Upgrades, Axes and Increases, oh my!

That's right, I've been lurking the myFICO forums again and when I lurk the forums, I get these ideas. When I get these ideas, I implement them and sometimes some pretty awesome stuff happens. Doesn't happen all the time, of course, but that just makes it all the more sweeter when it actually does.

U P G R A D E S

Thanks to member JB2 pointing out that Capital One's 'Modify Your Features' not producing offers doesn't  mean that the account isn't eligible for any. Taking my cue from that thread, I promptly initiated a chat session and found out that both my cards (one of which was an old Orchard card that got converted to Capital One, brining along its icky 59.00 annual fee) had offers to be upgraded to Quicksilver One cards. Naturally, I accepted said offers because why not?

A X E S

After months of holding onto my FP and Credit One cards, I finally decided it was time to let go. It didn't make sense for me to keep paying a monthly charge on a pair of cards that I would never use again. I am infinitely grateful that they extended offers towards me when I was a creditless pariah but it was time to move on. I have better cards now, cards that don't charge fees on top of fees on top of more fees. Also on the chopping block was my very first card, my Capital One secured card. Much like the other two cards, it served its purpose with the nice little added bonus of me getting my deposit back.

I N C R E A S E S

After many failed attempts with the luv button on my Sync cards, I decided to follow a bit of advice that I'd come across multiple times here. I took it to chat. My Walmart card had recently received an auto-increase bringing the limit from 450 to 1300 but I took it to chat anyway, not really expecting anything from it since the luv button never showed me much love. Rep asked me what limit I wanted, I asked for 2600 and BAM... got it. Now I wish I would have aimed a little bit higher.

Tried the same thing a few days later for my Sam's card, which had also seen a recent CLI via the luv button. Got a little bolder and asked for a 4000 limit and BAM... got that one too.

Now I think it's time I finally went to pick out a good pair of gardening gloves. Smiley Wink

Officially in the garden as of 07.01.2015
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
revjamesl
Valued Contributor

Re: Upgrades, Axes and Increases, oh my!

Congrats!
AMEX Platinum NPSL | Discover It $45.9k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $40.7k |Barclay Arrival+ WEMC $40k | PENFED Platinum Rewards VS $35k | Lowes $35k | BoA Better Balance Rewards $30k | AMEX EDP $25k | Cap 1 QS $23.25k | NASA Platinum $20k | Chase Freedom $15k | Synchrony Haverty's $16.5k | BBVA NBA Rockets AMEX $15k | FNBO AMEX $15k | Citi Diamond Preferred $10.7k | Best Buy $10k | Synchrony Rooms-to-Go $10k | US Bank Cash+ $7.5k | AMEX BCE $6k | Barclay Financing Visa 1k | |

AU on DW Accounts: Discover It $40k I AMEX BCE $30k | Chase Marriot $29.8k |

Credit Scores: 800 EQ/833 TU/831 EX
Message 2 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your success!  Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
I-think-I-can
Valued Contributor

WTG! Congrats! Smiley Happy

Starting Scores 2/13/15: EQ 635 EX 674 TU 684 ////7/16/15 Scores: EQ 661 EX 669 TU 703 //// 2/15/16 Scores EQ 652 EX 647 TU 756 //// 3/24/16 Scores: EQ 661 EX 649 TU 773 //// EQ 670 EX 653 TU 768 (EQ And EX still tainted)
Goal Scores: 760 across the board
Message 4 of 9
Ashes
Frequent Contributor

Thanks everyone! It means a lot, especially considering where I was around this time last year. The progression is real. myFICO forums are something akin to magical, I swear.

Message 5 of 9
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 6 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on moving on up!
Message 7 of 9
NICKI183
Established Contributor

Your journey has been very successful.  I one day would like to give up my FP ( I have two of them) so that I can move into the world of prime cards!  Congrats

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 8 of 9
Ashes
Frequent Contributor

@NICKI183 wrote:

Your journey has been very successful.  I one day would like to give up my FP ( I have two of them) so that I can move into the world of prime cards!  Congrats

Thank you. Smiley Very Happy If you don't mind me asking, what cards do you currently have?

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.