Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VS from Comenity

tag
Chris1228
Contributor

VS from Comenity

Not really an approval, but I thought I would share this as it might be helpful to someone.

I got a VS card for the wife back in '06 and it saw very regular use, was upgraded to Angel VIP and all through 2011. After that it didn't get used at all, and then last year when I started getting my credit cleaned back up, we tried using it and the online order was canceled saying the account was closed. BUMMER!

Well, just for kicks the other day I tried logging into the old accounts and much to my suprise i was able to!? I then went straight to the luv button and bam, instant CLI from $700 to $900.. so, i order my wife a small ticket item from the website to to make 100% sure the account is actually working and sure enough it's reporting a $15 balance now!

Why would the order get canceled last year saying account closed, and yet now I am able to use it like nothing? Was Comenity always the lender? I want to say it was another bank back in the day when we were actively using the card! Hmm, either way it's a plus and another TL to garden now Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: VS from Comenity

It probably went into a CCA status which allows the account to eventually reactivate based on activity.  While the name of the parent entity has changed over the years, it still is pretty much the same company (LCS, WFNNB, WFNB > Comenity & Comenity Capital Bank).

Message 2 of 6
alvon123
Super Contributor

Re: VS from Comenity

congrats

Message 3 of 6
bear812c
Regular Contributor

Something similar happpened to me also. I never used my V...

Something similar happpened to me also. I never used my VS account and once while shopping in the store I tried to use it and they said it was not working. They called the credit line for me and found out the account was classified as inactive due to no usage for over a year but they re-activated/reinstated my account upon calling in without any hassle. I was informed that they automatically "turn off" an inactive account if it hasn't hasn't been used within a 12 month period. Fortunatelly they will gladly reactivate and you won't lose your age of account on file.

Message 4 of 6
uswala
Senior Contributor

Re: Something similar happpened to me also. I never used my V...

Congrats!

Message 5 of 6
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

Re: Something similar happpened to me also. I never used my V...

That happened to my friend one time with an Old Navy Card. That's the 2nd time I've ever heard that happening

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.