Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture $30k approval

tag
CreditJim
Established Contributor

Venture $30k approval

I've been watching everyone else for months now getting great starting CLs with the Venture while I've been in the garden all year in preparation to buy a house. Finally closed on it yesterday so I thought why not, I wouldn't mind something to replace my Arrival + and a nice big signup bonus... had a pre-qual for the Venture at 12.9% so went for it and got an instant approval for $30k!

I don't have any plans to combine this into any of my other cards, I only ever wanted to merge two Quicksilvers together into my oldest card with a 5.9% APR to make that account more useful.
Quicksilver 51k | Discover It $45k | Bonvoy Business $38k | Lowe's $35k | Costco $33.5k | SWACU $30k | Ink Preferred $28k | USAA Rewards $25k | Ink Cash $22.5k | Ink Preferred $22k | Amex Blue Business Plus $17k | Freedom Flex $16k | Freedom $14k | CSR $10k | Amazon Store $10k | Amazon Business $3k | REI $3k
Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture $30k approval

Good job!

Message 2 of 22
aav
Established Contributor

Congrats on the house and the CL! =)
EQ - 834 TU - 823 EX - 822
Amex NPSL Amex BCP - 25,000, Amex EDC - 12000, Diner's Club Premier -35,000, Ritz Carlton - 22,500 Discover 25,100, Chase Reserve -31,000 Total Rewards 13200, Barclay 10000 Citi Diamond P 8,900
Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Outstanding SL
Message 4 of 22
NYFan63
Established Contributor

@CreditJim wrote:
I've been watching everyone else for months now getting great starting CLs with the Venture while I've been in the garden all year in preparation to buy a house. Finally closed on it yesterday so I thought why not, I wouldn't mind something to replace my Arrival + and a nice big signup bonus... had a pre-qual for the Venture at 12.9% so went for it and got an instant approval for $30k!

I don't have any plans to combine this into any of my other cards, I only ever wanted to merge two Quicksilvers together into my oldest card with a 5.9% APR to make that account more useful.

Congrats CreditJim - awesome SL!  I watched a few months as well and finally bit the other day when Cap1 had the one day combine CL's.  I was one of the lucky ones before they removed the link.  I am sure it will be back soon.

Penfed Platinum Sig Visa $33k, PenFed PLOC $25k, NFCU Cash VISA Sig 22k, NFCU Visa Flagship 22k, CAP1 Venture $23k, CAP1 Venture One $15k, NFCU NAV Check $15k, Barclays Arrival $13,2k, DCU VISA 5k, Cap1 QS 7.5k, WF Finance 3.5k, Merrick 2.2k, Barclays Apple Financing 6.1k BestBuy 5k >Ch7 BK filed 8/09; DC 01/10 EQ 636 Nov 13;
EQ08 718 | TU 731 | EXP 728
Inqs: EQ 11, TU 8, EXP 11(last 2 yrs)
Goal 750+ In the Garden til

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the card AND the new home! Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 22
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats!!
Message 7 of 22
12njoy
Super Contributor

@NYFan63 wrote:

@CreditJim wrote:

Congrats CreditJim - awesome SL!  I watched a few months as well and finally bit the other day when Cap1 had the one day combine CL's.  I was one of the lucky ones before they removed the link.  I am sure it will be back soon.

Congrats OP.  I spoke with Capital One yesterday and they said the combination link would be back but they don't know when.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 8 of 22
SOGGIE
Valued Contributor

Nice job Jim. Congrats! Great SL.
Life was a lot simpler when what we honored was father and mother, rather than all major credit cards. ~Robert Orben
Message 9 of 22
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.