Did you mean: 

Venture Card Approval! 3/13/17

Established Member

Re: Venture Card Approval! 3/13/17

Congrats OP! Let us know if you get the metal card or plastic

Message 11 of 27
Valued Contributor

Very nice! This is on my list for getting it and then combining my QS into it which is stuck at a measly small limit.

Can I ask how many INQs you had? Our scores are very similar-tho my TU is higher and your EX is higher.

I was denied for this about 3 mo ago but I was around 700 for both TU & EQ then-now in mid 700's on both. I was denied for too many INQs tho. Wondering if that was a real reason or one of those we need to put something down. Smiley Happy

Congrats again
FICO 08: TU= 786 (Dec) EQ= 774 (Dec) EX= 756 (Dec) Favorites: Discover It, Discover Miles, And U.S. Bank Cash+
Message 12 of 27
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval, limit and APR!. I was approved for the card 2 weeks ago and already making headway on the minimum spend for the bonus! Enjoy!

Message 13 of 27
Valued Contributor

Way to recover!! Congrats!!

AmexPlat(NPSL) Amex BCP(26k) Chase CSP (25.9) BofA CR Siggy(15k) NFCU CLOC(15K) NFCU VS Cash(12.5K) Venture WMC(10.25k) Walmart MC(10k) BofA BBR(10k) Lowes(10K) Discover(8.5k) Chase FU(7k) Pier 1(6.5k) BB Visa(6k) Care Credit (6k) Citi Diamond(6k) J Crew(5.9k) Barclaycard(5k) PenFed PCR(5K) Kohls(3k) Mortgage May 2017 - 2 Penfed auto loans May 2017

FICO 8 Scores EX 681(18) EQ 672(18)TU 699(19) AAOA 3.3yrs TCL=193,550
Message 14 of 27
Established Member

Djgrolyos,

At the time of application, I had a total of 3 inquiries, all from experian. I have personally been denied credit/loans in the past due to too many inquiries - so it is definitely a valid reason. Also, you said you have a card with a small limit - apparently Capital One likes to see that you have at least one revolving account or loan with a credit limit of $5,000 or more for a period of 3 years or more. You can check out their "Credit Levels" on their website, which shows what they're looking for.

I hope this helps! Keep your chin up, you'll eventually get your card!!

Message 15 of 27
Established Member

Thank you for the kinds words everyone!!

Chris4434, I just got an email this morning saying that my card has been shipped and can expect it soon. So I'll definitely let you know if I get the plastic or metal card!

Message 16 of 27
Valued Contributor

@Arc..... thx. I do have the line over 5k for more than 3 years. More than one. Guess they just didn't like my INQs. I do have a lot but most was from a car dealership. (Never again) Not worth trying again with their 3X pull thing. Maybe if I ever get my INQs down, but I don't like CapOne enough to be that disciplined. Smiley Happy
FICO 08: TU= 786 (Dec) EQ= 774 (Dec) EX= 756 (Dec) Favorites: Discover It, Discover Miles, And U.S. Bank Cash+
Message 17 of 27
Established Member

Djgrolyos, glad to hear you have cards with a higher limit! I know car dealerships are horrible when it comes to inquiries. When I bought my card a couple years back, I ended up with like 8 separate hard inquiries the next day. That's absolutely ridiculous. I understand the discipline part, applying for credit can be exciting Smiley Happy

Message 18 of 27
Valued Contributor

Way to rise up!  Congrats

Message 19 of 27
Established Contributor

Congrats on the nice approval! The venture is a good card to have.

Message 20 of 27