Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Venture cli approved Qs declined

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Venture cli approved Qs declined

Seeing all the clis reminded me that we haven't requested anything on DH's cards. Both were opened in February.  In April, his Venture received a $3k bump. Qs nothing. Today his Venture card received another $3k bump and again Qs declined.  We have put some small charges through Qs but the bulk has been through Venture. 

I think it is time for him to combine limits and forget about the Qs account. 

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Venture cli approved Qs declined

If the Venture rewards better meet your needs over the straight 1.5% of QS, might not be a bad idea. You should be able to check your eligibility online, if not I'm sure a quick phone call will get your answer. Best of luck!

Message 2 of 6
fury1995
Valued Contributor

Interesting results on the QS. Did you receive a reason in the documents both times?

@Anonymous wrote:

Seeing all the clis reminded me that we haven't requested anything on DH's cards. Both were opened in February.  In April, his Venture received a $3k bump. Qs nothing. Today his Venture card received another $3k bump and again Qs declined.  We have put some small charges through Qs but the bulk has been through Venture. 

I think it is time for him to combine limits and forget about the Qs account. 

August 28, 2023 FICO 8

August 28, 2023 FICO BankCard 8

August 28, 2023 FICO Auto 8

citi-costco-ImgurCiti-Double-Cash
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations, mim, and sorry about the QS. Would you share with us the data points of payments, charges, etc. between February and April that resulted in him receiving a second 3k CLI? Would be helpful, thanks.

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

The reason they gave for the Qs decline both times was not enough usage for increase. The first decline reasoning was baffling because we ran almost 5k through it in the first 3 months. The usage since had been no more than $500 in any month.  

His Venture card got just enough usage from February to April to get the 40k bonus points.  Venture gets more usage due to work travel. He puts about $1500 avg a month.  We did recently put a $3400 furniture purchase on it then paid $3k. His balance when I hit the request button was $2k which will be paid Friday when he gets his expense check. His monthly statement balance has been around $1k. 

We plan on using the venture points towards our vacation next year. He uses no other card and won't even apply. He is loyal to cap 1 regardless of my encouragement to have a back up. His response is usually "you have enough cards for both of us" lol

Message 5 of 6
Country_Feller
Valued Contributor

AWESOME, Congratulations!!!!!
myFICO=EQ 702, TU 716, EX 743br>EQ=11//TU=15//EX=11/Util 14%. Gardening since 01/02/2017.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.