cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victoria Secret Credit Approval! Now I have a couple of questions!

tag
los_west
Regular Contributor

Victoria Secret Credit Approval! Now I have a couple of questions!

I did the shopping cart trick...and it worked.  I realize they would have still approved and sent me the card if I didn't buy anything.  I figure as soon as I get the card, I will pay the $20 balance I accumulated with the transaction.

But my question is, if I didn't buy something (thus no payment transactions recorded at a later time), would it still pop up on my credit reports?  

I had a Macy's card for several years (5+), but quite frankly never used it (thus, in good standing!)....and it never popped on any of my 3 credit reports.

How long will it take for VS to report this on my credit reports?  Will this one inquiry nose dive my currently improving score?

Thanks in advance for your guidance!

Starting Score: (04/18/2013) EX 572, TU 577, EQ 554
Currently: (12/2014) EX ?, TU ?, EQ 766 (new version)
Lender Pull (12/03/14): EX 759, TU 750, EQ 766
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Victoria Secret Credit Approval! Now I have a couple of questions!

Congrats on your approval. For the shopping cart trick, the inq is a sp. the ding you will have is from the new account reporting and the drop in your AAOA. For me, the new account reported within 2 weeks and I didn't use my cc for a purchase 2 mos later. I've had my VS since Jan and it has reported every month - like I said my one and only cc transaction was in March.
Message 2 of 6
CreditHammer

Congratulations!

Message 3 of 6
creditYum
Established Member

Very nice! Congrats!

Message 4 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

Congrats...I gave up on the cart trick since it never worked for me in six straight months of trying several times per week...Smiley Sad

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 5 of 6
100down0monthly
New Contributor

I have 3 cards backed by Comenity that I've never used, and all 3 are reporting on all 3 CBs.  They showed up on the reports about 3 weeks after I was approved.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.