Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Victorias Secret Approved!

tag
DaBears
Senior Contributor

Re: Victorias Secret Approved!

@Shogun wrote:

Are you opted out?  Or have a freeze on your reports?  This will prevent those from popping up.

@DaBears wrote:

Pop up didn't work for me. My wife just beat me with a hot tortila and rubbed hot sauce in my eyes!!!!! Said I was a failure. 

And you liked it!!!   LMAO!

LMAO. no i'm not opted out, I did get a pop up for 33% off tho LOL

Message 11 of 96
creditstarved
Valued Member

Randomly tried this...lol...I will not let my gf know...

Starting Score: EQ FICO 773 (Jan. 2013)
Current Score: EQ FICO 783 (Feb. 2013)
Goal Score: EQ FICO 850

What's in my wallet? Chase Freedom - 1.9k || Chase United Explorer Signature Visa - 8.5k || Chase Priority Club Select Signature Visa - 5.9k || Citi Platinum Rewards - 4k || Citi Simplicity - 9.1k || GE Capital/Ashley Furniture 3.5k || Penfed Rewards Visa - 5k
Message 12 of 96
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@DaBears wrote:

Pop up didn't work for me. My wife just beat me with a hot tortila and rubbed hot sauce in my eyes!!!!! Said I was a failure. 

LMAO!!!

Message 13 of 96
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SLR72689 wrote:

@erlafontaine wrote:

What's the "cart trick"?

What I did was go to www.VictoriasSecret.com and created an account. First, last name and address was all they ask. Then I picked a random item and proceeded to check out. Upon my check out, a pop-up came up saying I was pre-approved for their store card. Upon my readings and research, I've read that if it's a soft pull (someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) they will only ask for the last 4 of your SSN while applying. I applied, they asked me for my birthdate and the last 4 of my SSN and I was instantly approved. No need to actually purchase whatever is in your cart.

Somewhere in the threads, theres a whole list of stores that you can use this shopping cart trick for.

You are correct, it is a SP.  Creating an account from the get-go is not usually required for the pop-up to work, but not everyone will qualify (elegibility will depend on the prescreened offer).  Just ask DaBear what his wife did to him with the hot tortilla.  You will be required to register once you have been approved and purchased the item(s) of course.

Message 14 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SLR72689 wrote:
Upon my readings and research, I've read that if it's a soft pull (someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) they will only ask for the last 4 of your SSNwhile applying.

Somewhere in the threads, theres a whole list of stores that you can use this shopping cart trick for.

While this is probably true most of the time, this is not always the case. I know for a fact that when I applied for Bill Me Later, which only asks for the last 4 of the SSN, they did a hard pull.

In any case, the cart trick is still neat. I doubt I'll ever use it personally, though. VS doesn't make my size (yay for having large breasts) and I can't see a reason to open up a retail card for a place that I'll never shop when it isn't even on a major network. If I remember right, the VS Angel card doesn't have a VISA or MC version like some other retail cards do.

Message 15 of 96
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@SLR72689 wrote:
Upon my readings and research, I've read that if it's a soft pull (someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) they will only ask for the last 4 of your SSNwhile applying.

While this is probably true most of the time, this is not always the case. I know for a fact that when I applied for Bill Me Later, which only asks for the last 4 of the SSN, they did a hard pull.

In any case, the cart trick is still neat. I doubt I'll ever use it personally, though. VS doesn't make my size (yay for having large breasts) and I can't see a reason to open up a retail card for a place that I'll never shop when it isn't even on a major network. If I remember right, the VS Angel card doesn't have a VISA or MC version like some other retail cards do.

Specifically addressing Comenity Bank (private label conglomerate for Victoria's Secret, Express, J Crew, The Buckle, Gander Mountain, etc.), it is always a SP for their prescreened offers.  Bill Me Later (a PayPal service company) is not part of the Comenity Bank family so a different outcome would be expected.

Message 16 of 96
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

@FinStar wrote:

@SLR72689 wrote:

@erlafontaine wrote:

What's the "cart trick"?

What I did was go to www.VictoriasSecret.com and created an account. First, last name and address was all they ask. Then I picked a random item and proceeded to check out. Upon my check out, a pop-up came up saying I was pre-approved for their store card. Upon my readings and research, I've read that if it's a soft pull (someone PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong) they will only ask for the last 4 of your SSN while applying. I applied, they asked me for my birthdate and the last 4 of my SSN and I was instantly approved. No need to actually purchase whatever is in your cart.

You are correct, it is a SP.  Creating an account from the get-go is not usually required for the pop-up to work, but not everyone will qualify (elegibility will depend on the prescreened offer).  Just ask DaBear what his wife did to him with the hot tortilla.  You will be required to register once you have been approved and purchased the item(s) of course.

Just a point of clarification, once you are approved for the card using the shopping cart trick, you do not have to complete the purchase. Simply empty your cart and your new card will arrive in 5-7 days. 

Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 96
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Specifically addressing Comenity Bank (private label conglomerate for Victoria's Secret, Express, J Crew, The Buckle, Gander Mountain, etc.), it is always a SP for their prescreened offers.  Bill Me Later (a PayPal service company) is not part of the Comenity Bank family so a different outcome would be expected.

I realize they are different companies. I was referencing the fact that the OP seemed to be drawing the conclusion that if they only ask for the last 4 it means that it is always a soft pull. My point was that that is not actually true. It may be a soft pull sometimes (and may always be from Comenity Bank, but just because they only asked for the last four doesn't mean it was a soft pull if it was another lender.

Message 18 of 96
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

I've been trying for months with no luckSmiley Sad Congrats to you, though!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 19 of 96
Tink1o5
Valued Member

What is the difference between a Hard pull and a Soft pull??

Also OP -- Do you have an bad accounts on your CR?

WF Secured - 300
Quizzle Score (FAKO) - 568 (3-5-13)

Starting Score: 559
Current Score: 559
Goal Score: 750

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Message 20 of 96
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.