Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin America Credit Card

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Virgin America Credit Card

Today, I'm planning out our vacation. Logged into my Virgin America account and got a pop up saying I am preapproved. Entered the last 4 and bam! Approved for 6.5k. It happened so quickly. Between Alaska Airlines and Virgin these are the two we love to fly. I called Virgin and was told I can transfer points to AA if I wanted. The companion fare discount from Virgin, I'm not too sure of. 
Anyone know anything? I am excited to have the AA signature and now, Virgin card. Discounts for travels!

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Re: Virgin America Credit Card

Congrats OP that's great !!
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Today, I'm planning out our vacation. Logged into my Virgin America account and got a pop up saying I am preapproved. Entered the last 4 and bam! Approved for 6.5k. It happened so quickly. Between Alaska Airlines and Virgin these are the two we love to fly. I called Virgin and was told I can transfer points to AA if I wanted. The companion fare discount from Virgin, I'm not too sure of. 
Anyone know anything? I am excited to have the AA signature and now, Virgin card. Discounts for travels!

Congrats.  I have the card and love Virgin America.  You may or may not know but Virgin America was bought out by Alaska Airlines and they are in the process of merging the two airlines.  No ones for sure but there is speculation that Bank of America which has the cards for Alaska Airlines will eventually take over the card from Comenity.

As for transferring the points, that just became available.  For every Virgin America point you transfer to AA, you will get 1.3 AA miles.

Message 3 of 14
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

CONGRATS

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats.  I have the card and love Virgin America.  You may or may not know but Virgin America was bought out by Alaska Airlines and they are in the process of merging the two airlines.  No ones for sure but there is speculation that Bank of America which has the cards for Alaska Airlines will eventually take over the card from Comenity.

As for transferring the points, that just became available.  For every Virgin America point you transfer to AA, you will get 1.3 AA miles.

Thank you for that! I would love for Bank of America to take over. I can't stand Comenity. I have the AA card from them so when/if they do that would be wonderful! 

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! That's a great looking card!
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats. I have debated applying for this only to get in with BofA. No guarantee tho so I don't want to get stuck with another Comenity card.

That's a nice starting limit tho. Congrats again
Message 7 of 14
someg33k
Established Contributor

Congrats on the approval! And thank you for the reminder!

Seeing this prompted me to do the same, with the hopes the portfolio will soon be moving to BOA. Approved for 7k Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 14
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Congrats. I have debated applying for this only to get in with BofA. No guarantee tho so I don't want to get stuck with another Comenity card.

That's a nice starting limit tho. Congrats again

Ha! Same here.

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 9 of 14
woodyman100
Valued Contributor

I closed mine last year. Now because of the merger I went and got right back in bed with Comenity.
At the very least I can earn the 15,000 and convert to Alaska at the premium rate.
Too bad because I love VA as an airline. I wish they flew to more places out of DFW
NFCU-ICCU-EECU-PSECU-DoverFCU-DCUFCU-Union Square FCU-Signature FCU-AODFCU-RedstoneFCU-USAllianceFCU-Amarillo National Bank-BHG MC-CapitalOne-CapitalOne Biz-Regions-Goldman Sachs (Apple/GM)-Evolve-Fifth Third-Gemini-Huntington-Imprint-USBank-Pinnacle-Cardless-John Deere-Discover-BofA-BofA Biz-Celtic Bank (M1)-Chase-Chase Biz-Amex-Amex Biz-Wells Fargo-Commerce-FNBO-Citi-Citi Biz-Synchrony-Synchrony Biz-Target TD-Third Coast Bank-USAA-Amegy-Amegy Biz-Dell-Citizens Biz-Comenity-Comenity Biz-Bread (Comenity)-DSNB-Webbank-Bill
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.