cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

Regular Contributor

Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

Don't know if any of you heard of this, It's only made of pure gold with 26 diamonds.

 

If you want to apply for the card and are approved you still need to pay 100K for the cost of the card, good luck not loosing it Smiley Happy.

 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES
Frequent Contributor

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

Worth it's weight in gold.  Literally.


AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 2 of 12
Established Member

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

I fell funny someplaces as it is using my Platinum Amex. I would NEVER use this card someplace. Smiley Tongue

Message 3 of 12
Contributor

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

What a waste of $ D:.

As of Feb: AAoA 1 year, 10 months
CK TU: 740; Wal-Mart TU FICO: 721
CS EX: 715
8 CCs, 15 total accounts.
Negs on report: 1 30 day late aged 3 years
5 inquiries
Message 4 of 12
Super Contributor

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

You also get a free iphone 5 with the card, and all the visa infinite benefits which are RIDICULOUS

Message 5 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)


jsucool76 wrote:

You also get a free iphone 5 with the card, and all the visa infinite benefits which are RIDICULOUS


And health insurance hahaha

ccpics2.jpg
Message 6 of 12
Established Contributor

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)


beb86 wrote:

jsucool76 wrote:

You also get a free iphone 5 with the card, and all the visa infinite benefits which are RIDICULOUS


And health insurance hahaha


Smiley Very Happy



Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 7 of 12
Valued Contributor

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)

A solid gold credit card would weight 2 to 3 oz. and would be very vulnerable to deformation. It would take very little to put a bend in it since gold isn't "springy" and is especially notable for that. You bend it just a bit and it stays bent. It's also heavy and if you drop it it will dent. Permanently.

 

There is something very absurd about this story and I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.


I have reestablished credit over the last couple years
so my moniker is, well, rather out of date.

WM Discover $1800, WF Plat 12k, Chase Freedom Siggy18k, Amex Plat (60k H/B), Citi AA EWMC 25k
Message 8 of 12
Super Contributor

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)


cashnocredit wrote:

A solid gold credit card would weight 2 to 3 oz. and would be very vulnerable to deformation. It would take very little to put a bend in it since gold isn't "springy" and is especially notable for that. You bend it just a bit and it stays bent. It's also heavy and if you drop it it will dent. Permanently.

 

There is something very absurd about this story and I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.


they give you a plastic card too Smiley Tongue 

Message 9 of 12
Senior Contributor

Re: Visa Infinite Gold Card (Literally)


cashnocredit wrote:

A solid gold credit card would weight 2 to 3 oz. and would be very vulnerable to deformation. It would take very little to put a bend in it since gold isn't "springy" and is especially notable for that. You bend it just a bit and it stays bent. It's also heavy and if you drop it it will dent. Permanently.

 

There is something very absurd about this story and I don't think it was meant to be taken seriously.


I wouldn't assume that because news outlets are reporting that it will be "pure" gold that they really mean it will be proof quality.  The card could be made of a gold alloy. 


Starting Score: ~500 (12/01/2008)
Current Score: EQ 681 (04/05/13); TU 98 728 (01/06/12), TU 08? 760 (provided by Barclay 1/2/14), TU 04 728 (lender pull 01/12/12); EX 742 (lender pull 01/12/12)
Goal Score: 720


Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 10 of 12