Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WF and BOA success!

tag
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

WF and BOA success!

I got my latest score watch last night, and I'm up to 699! So close to my goal! But anyway, with my scores continuing to climb, I figured now was a good time to do a little credit hunting.

First on my list was a BofA cash rewards Visa Signature that benefits my college alumni association. I'd gotten a couple preapprovals in the mail, but my online app was denied. So, I followed recon instructions from DesertLife from http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/How-to-win-B-of-A-recon-call/m-p/1841219 and I was approved for $5000, my highest limit yet!

Next up, I wanted an increase on my Wells Fargo Cash Rewards Visa. They were my highest CL at $4200, and I requested an increase to $5500, and was approved instantly. I got a very chatty CSR, and she told me that I was approved because my "internal behavior score" with Wells Fargo was excellent. This is the first time I've heard that term used, so that might be an interesting data point for the community.

So, I'm finishing the morning with $6300 in new credit, and my first Visa Signature; that's a pretty good day for credit. Now, if I can only break into the 700 club....
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: WF and BOA success!

Internal behavior score? Now that I think about it, it makes perfect sense for them to track to spending and payment behavior to determine more precisely your risk level with them. Would love to get chatty with someone over there who helps build those models.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 2 of 5
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

I've always known that WF relies heavily on its internal data, maybe even moreso than on CRs. They preapproved me for a $3000 CL when my credit score was still struggling, and I think it was because of my long history of deposit accounts with them. But this was the first time I've heard that concept reduced to something as concrete as an "internal behavior score."
Message 3 of 5
LionLaw
Frequent Contributor

Also, in an ironic twist, one of my part time jobs in college was working as a telemarketer for MBNA, trying to get people to sign up for the very same card that I just got approved for. Talk about coming full circle...
Message 4 of 5
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.