cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHOA!! 9,000. CLI on brand new Citi account .

tag
carlismycat
New Contributor

WHOA!! 9,000. CLI on brand new Citi account .

This is a brand new account ,not even 1 month old yet, cl only was 1200. I don't know if they like doing balance transfers  (I told them I needed more than 1200 to be able to transfer the 3,000. from another card. ) or it was soley what was on my credit report. I did not go through any back door # with Citi . They may have transferred me to someone higher up,but I just started out with the balance transfer offer people. I risked a hard pull and I think it was worth it. I am in shock. I asked for 10,000. just to see what would happen, seriously beleiving I would get a counter offer MAYBE, if not denied.  Is this normal for CIti to do this?

So now I don't want to do anything to mess this up, lol. Does anyone know what this bank likes to see from the card holder ,who has this kind of limit?  This is a huge amount for me . Just 5 months ago, my highest limit was 3,750. and my other cards were 200-500. Since then my walmart card has gone up from 400-1200. Discover has gone up to 5,750. , Went on an app spree and got amex true earnings 4,500. limit, amex blue cash preffered 1000. (will work on the CLI on that one,later) , closed the first premier I had (wasn't using it,didn't like it) for the last 3 years, and got first avings to permanently remove the "monthly participation fee" ,AND raise my credit line  . I plan to close that account next spring before the AF hits. So all I have left with low amounts is toys r us ,and orchard bank. My highest APR's and only 500 limits.

Those are sock drawered and I will buy a candy bar,and pay it off imediately,every other month maybe. But I don't care if they close. All thanks to reading on this forum ! My score has gone up about 3 times in the last 2 months just from getting credit limit increases,being approved for 5K more credit , and making sure my balances stay very low at statement time.

I do plan to use it a whole lot more but not until 6 months from now. Right now I'm just going to pay bills with it to get my $100 cash back for spending 500 in three months,and also for that balance trasfer that will sit for 6 months,while i pay it down with no APR.

Trying to garden again: Myfico Experian: 621, Myfico Equifax : 613, MyFico transunion: 639
Goal : 780

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
HiLine
Blogger

Re: WHOA!! 9,000. CLI on brand new Citi account .

Congratulations on the huge CLI! Cat LOL If you want to maintain the current limit the only thing you need to do is to make regular purchases on the card. 

Message 2 of 18
cclee
Regular Contributor

Wow, congrats, that is awesome!

In The Garden Until 11/01/15 - Last App 11/03/13
Message 3 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 4 of 18
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the increase. It's rare that they will entertain an increase before six months.

I didnt' spend much on the cards I have and got an increase with them. The one I hadn't used since the bonus posted. So they seem to just like on time payments and a little usage. The one I use the most has a 12,000 limit now, up from 5,000 in December. I have no complaints about Citi; they grow very quickly.

Message 5 of 18
RSCo
Established Contributor

Nice.... They've been generous to me too lately....   Congrats..

$30,500$18,500NPSL$15,000$10,000$25,000$32,000
Message 6 of 18
Gunnar419
Valued Contributor

That is amazing. I don't have any Citi account because I've been nervous about their customer service and some arbitrary CLDs and other things I've heard about, but a story like yours might make me change my mind.

Message 7 of 18
ezdoesit
Valued Contributor

@RSCo wrote:

Nice.... They've been generous to me too lately....   Congrats..

+1 Congrats that a lot better than Amex 61day 3x CLI. 

Message 8 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

grats!

Citi on other hand is trolling me so hard right now -_-

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 9 of 18
carlismycat
New Contributor

Thanks ! It feels really good,because I can use their balance transfer offer now .

Trying to garden again: Myfico Experian: 621, Myfico Equifax : 613, MyFico transunion: 639
Goal : 780

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.