cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHOA!! 9,000. CLI on brand new Citi account .

tag
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: WHOA!! 9,000. CLI on brand new Citi account .

@enharu wrote:

grats!

Citi on other hand is trolling me so hard right now -_-

Me too OMG...  too bad their efforts are wasted.

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 11 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats nice increase

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@webhopper wrote:

@enharu wrote:

grats!

Citi on other hand is trolling me so hard right now -_-

Me too OMG...  too bad their efforts are wasted.

They pretty much are trolling me at the worst timing.

My citi debit card, which I had for almost past 2 years, kinda broke into 2 and I asked for a replacement. I was told it was going to be the same card number, so the current card will still work, and they will expedite the new one for free. Woke up this morning, tried to use debit card at the ATM, and transaction declined. 

Called in, was told the debit card is blocked because the CSR selected "card not received" as a reason for replacement, which is obviously a mistake, but because it's already done they cannot unblock my card. And it just happens to be a long weekend so no branches are open either until Tuesday. 

I asked if there's anything I could do to withdraw cash, and the only solution is to withdraw it through my credit card, and best part of it all they could try get me a CLI so I could get more cash, but I will still get charged cash advance fees. 

Oh well. Had to call Chase to lift my withdrawal limits which took almost 15mins because of the dollar amount, and I'm still told I can't withdraw that much. And then had to call Wells Fargo again to lift the limits to make up for the remaining amount of cash I need.

I love Citi.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 13 of 18
NewtoCredit80
Frequent Contributor

Enharu, your case is one of the reasons I have 2 checking accounts and deposit my salary in both. Depending on one debit card seems dangerous in era of fee addicted banks.

PNC Secured 2000 (Dec12), Chase Amazon 2000 (Apr13), CapOne Newcomer 2500 (May13), Citi dividend 3000 (May13), Discover IT 1000 (Jul13), Amex BCP 6000 (Jul13), Chase Southwest 10000 (Jul13), Chase Marriott 12000 (Oct 13), BofA Travel Rewards 5000 (Dec13)

- In garden till Dec 2014
Message 14 of 18
carlismycat
New Contributor

What does that mean when they troll you?

Trying to garden again: Myfico Experian: 621, Myfico Equifax : 613, MyFico transunion: 639
Goal : 780

Message 15 of 18
myjourney
Super Contributor

@carlismycat wrote:

Constantly looking at your CR  through SP's 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 16 of 18
carlismycat
New Contributor

YIKES, well.... that is an incentive to keep my report looking clean then . Smiley Surprised  

So how can I tell who is SP'ing me , or when that happens? I thought you can't see those .

Trying to garden again: Myfico Experian: 621, Myfico Equifax : 613, MyFico transunion: 639
Goal : 780

Message 17 of 18
enharu
Super Contributor

@carlismycat wrote:

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

I kinda meant it in a way that they're like intentionally making my life harder for no good reason.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.