brindle26
Regular Contributor

Re: Wal Mart $100.00 CLI

Thanks all

Message 11 of 17
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

My initial CL was $700 in Oct, I noticed a $100 increase in December. I called the same day I noticed it and asked for and received $1000- I should have asked for more but I chickened out. The next time, I asked for 3x and it's now at $4000 and was recently upgraded.
Message 12 of 17
brindle26
Regular Contributor

4 months and 3 days,,,I just got off the phone with credit solutions was denied an increase of any kind at this time. I'm I the only one not to get some love after 4 months?

Is that piddley $100.00 auto increase they gave me 3 weeks ago it? When I got off the phone I hit the luv button, same result.

Pretty disappointed. Was hoping an increase here would help with my credit line from Wells Fargo when that card graduates on the first of September. I also paid $1,200 on the principle of a DCU used car loan and the first payment isn't even due until next month. Everything is always paid in full.

Message 13 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Judging by your signature, you don't have enough credit experience. Even though GE is a SP they do take into account activity going on with other accounts you may have. It looks like you only have two cards that are yours. I would be patient and use the card as much as possible, let a balance report and pay it in full. GE is very generous when it comes to AUTO increases and CLs...I think there's someone on this forum (don't recall who at the moment) with a 10k limit with Walmart. Lol. You will get there all in good time! Smiley Happy

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 14 of 17
brindle26
Regular Contributor

I can do that but having more than 1% utilization reported will have a negitive effect on FICO scores (BWang)

Message 15 of 17
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

Unless you're planning on app'ing for anything anytime soon...I wouldn't worry so much about UTL Smiley Happy UTL is only 30% of your FICO and UTL can be easily fixed by paying in full.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 16 of 17
RickyRay
New Contributor

I tried to apply for walmart card in the store, But after doing all the proccess of ID and all they told me to call a number, so i did and the recording just said that i was not allowed to apply (They never checked my CRAs or did any kind of a hard pull) so just was thinking whats up with that? I must be on their blacklist or something, I have never had any GE accounts, My late wife did have a walmart card 8 years ago, she past away almost 7 ago though, maybe they dont want me for that reason, Her card never got paid for. But she had credit insurance on her cards.  Our CRAs were never mixed, they were always seperate. Just did not understand this, maybe someone can explain this. Thanks for any commets or advice (I was glad that they did not pull my CRAs file couse of gardening anyway).Smiley Frustrated

Well I don't have a logo, so I will just use @#@
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.