Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal Mart CLI

tag
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Wal Mart CLI

Got my Wally card cli of 2k to bring it up to 5k. Will this count towards a 5k tradeline that chase looks at for the CSP, or will they not care cause it’s a store card, thanks.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: Wal Mart CLI

Congrats on your CLI. AFAIK, it's credit cards ( not store cards).
Message 2 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@09Lexie wrote:
Congrats on your CLI. AFAIK, it's credit cards ( not store cards).

+1  Bank card history is weighted mostly.  Having history on your Walmart card does not hurt; however, in most cases Chase wants to see a good mix of solid credit history.  For CSP, they will not be the first one to approve $5K.

Message 3 of 10
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

thanks could have asked for more but really didn't care for the CLI if it won't help me get the CSP.  Did help me with the CLI itch I had, now to continue garden till the end of the year.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 4 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@migliogiorni wrote:

thanks could have asked for more but really didn't care for the CLI if it won't help me get the CSP.  Did help me with the CLI itch I had, now to continue garden till the end of the year.

Sounds like you're on track.  Once you build a solid history and higher CLI's (above $5K) with your bank cards (BofA, Citi), then you should be in a good position for a future consideration for the CSP.  Best of luck!

Message 5 of 10
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! When I got my $5k care credit it didn't take long to get more $5k limits.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

Congrats! When I got my $5k care credit it didn't take long to get more $5k limits.

Congarts WTG and with a SP is always nice 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 7 of 10
budwiser
Contributor

I had a Chase Freedom with a $2500 limit on it when
I applied for the CSP. I was not approved immediately,
but called recon and agent said if I move $1500
from Freedom card he would approve me. So I did.
I've had that card a year and a half. I'm thinking of asking for a cli in the near future. Just gardening for now.
Message 8 of 10
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

There have been a few reports of folks without prior $5k cls getting a CSP. Of course, your income/credit score would need to support the approval.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 9 of 10
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! My Wally Discover has been at $12k for almost a year and my last round of apps were approved for around that limit. CSP was approved for $12k ironically. A few other reported tradelines were Amex BCE $8k, GE Amazon $18k, Chase Hyatt $8k.
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.