Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal-Mart upgraded to DIscover

tag
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Wal-Mart upgraded to DIscover

When I logged in to my online wal-mart account today, I was offered an upgrade to discover. They upped my limit from $3150 to $3500 at the same time. The terms say that I have 90 days to activate the discover card. Upon activation, the wal-mart card cancels. If the dicover is not activated in 90 days, it cancels.

I wish I could get a better limit. I started with $150 and seem to be stuck here. My Sams card is at $8500 and I do not ever go to Sams, but the Smas card I got later in my rebuilding and started with a higher limit.... 

According to wal-mart, my TU FICO is 707, oddly it has gone down from 745 in Dec, to 721 in Jan and 707 in Feb. I got a few new accounts, maybe that is why. I just logged into the Sams Club account to see if they would offer the same love, but they didn't.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: Wal-Mart upgraded to DIscover

Congrats and some get a new CLI when the card comes 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 13
brikays
Regular Contributor

congrats on the upgrade. 

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 3 of 13
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

Hopfully this is treated as a new account. Getting CLIs on the card that started at $150 was hard. But, starting at $3500 should be much easier, assuming it is like the other GECRB experiences I have had.

@myjourney wrote:

If I do not get any auto love, I'll ask in 4 months.

Message 4 of 13
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

Hopfully this is treated as a new account. Getting CLIs on the card that started at $150 was hard. But, starting at $3500 should be much easier, assuming it is like the other GECRB experiences I have had.

@myjourney wrote:

If I do not get any auto love, I'll ask in 4 months.

Yes it's a new account they'll close the old one but the date will remain the same as the old account 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 13
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

When I logged in to my online wal-mart account today, I was offered an upgrade to discover. They upped my limit from $3150 to $3500 at the same time. The terms say that I have 90 days to activate the discover card. Upon activation, the wal-mart card cancels. If the dicover is not activated in 90 days, it cancels.

I wish I could get a better limit. I started with $150 and seem to be stuck here. My Sams card is at $8500 and I do not ever go to Sams, but the Smas card I got later in my rebuilding and started with a higher limit.... 

According to wal-mart, my TU FICO is 707, oddly it has gone down from 745 in Dec, to 721 in Jan and 707 in Feb. I got a few new accounts, maybe that is why. I just logged into the Sams Club account to see if they would offer the same love, but they didn't.

CongratsSmiley Happy

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 6 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 7 of 13
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@ficojoe wrote:

Congrats on the PC. Isn't the Sams and Walmart Card the same?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 8 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 13
ficojoe
Frequent Contributor

@efranklin23 wrote:
Congrats on the PC. Isn't the Sams and Walmart Card the same?

My old Sams club membership card still works as a credit card at wal-mart. And, if I were still a member of Sams, I could use the wal-mart card at Sam's. But the two cards are different accounts, different limits, different cards.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.