Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wal mart success!

tag
Sunshinebiz
New Contributor

Wal mart success!

Just a quick note to share with anybody who may find it helpful. My wal mart card doesn't post statements to my account online unless I have a balance or maybe pay the balance within a day or two of the statement cutting. This frustrated me because I thought it was the reason I was unable to obtain credit limit increases every four months because I didn't actually have four statements.

Well tonight I went online and pulled the trigger; was approved for a modest 150 dollar increase. This was a small victory as I was previously let down, but I wasn't satisfied. I immediately called credit solutions and asked for more, stating that I needed more buying power, wanted to take advantage of in store financing promotions, etc. I requested an increase of 1050 dollars, after a few minutes of being put on hold came back and was approved for the full requested amount!

Very satisfying experience and now a solid limit and a card that I may actually use more seriously. For those looking to grow with GE I just wanted to let you know that the reports are true and with patience and persistence they will certainly grow with you as purported.
Gardening spree went on hiatus but I think it paid off. Now back at it!
Building slowly but surely. Thank you to all members of this community for all the invaluable advice.
Latest that I know of: EX- 671, EQ- 653 TU- 648
Amex Green, Barclay Rewards MC, Cap1 Platinum, Cap1 Quicksilver, Credit One(closed!), WalMart, Amazon, DCU Platinum Visa, Jared Credit, Cap1 Spark business cash back, AMEX corporate Gold, Alliant CU Plat Visa, Suncoast FCU Plat Rewards Visa

Goals by end of January: Amex TE Costco, Amex BCE
Can it be done? It wasn't done by end of Jan, but it's still coming
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Wal mart success!

Congrats!

Keep up the good work.

CHASE CSP 0/11000***PENFED PLAT REWARDS SIGNATURE 0/17000***CAP ONE VENTURE ONE 0/10000***AMEX BLUE SKY 100/11000***AMEX DELTA GOLD 0/5500***CHASE AA ELITE WORLD MASTERCARD 0/3500***LOTS OF OTHERS IN SOCK DRAWER
Message 2 of 11
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats GE cards can grow fast 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 11
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 4 of 11
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Nice recon and congrats to you Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 11
whodatnation2
Regular Contributor

I suggest to call the backdoor number instead of doing the online process. I called in a few days ago and went from 2800 to 5000. I might have gotten more but I only asked for 5000.

Starting Score: EQ 564, TU 560
Current Score: EQ 724, TU 770, EX 789
Goal Score: 740

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 11
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Sunshinebiz wrote:
Just a quick note to share with anybody who may find it helpful. My wal mart card doesn't post statements to my account online unless I have a balance or maybe pay the balance within a day or two of the statement cutting. This frustrated me because I thought it was the reason I was unable to obtain credit limit increases every four months because I didn't actually have four statements.

Well tonight I went online and pulled the trigger; was approved for a modest 150 dollar increase. This was a small victory as I was previously let down, but I wasn't satisfied. I immediately called credit solutions and asked for more, stating that I needed more buying power, wanted to take advantage of in store financing promotions, etc. I requested an increase of 1050 dollars, after a few minutes of being put on hold came back and was approved for the full requested amount!

Very satisfying experience and now a solid limit and a card that I may actually use more seriously. For those looking to grow with GE I just wanted to let you know that the reports are true and with patience and persistence they will certainly grow with you as purported.

CongratsSmiley Happy WTG

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 7 of 11
Lechte
Frequent Contributor

Congrats...good deal.   On a side note...I hate GE.  GE Refrigerators, GE Capital, GE Light bulbs...you name it.   GE = Glutton Ediots.

(EX08 - 654) --- (TU08 - 643) --- (EQ08 - 667) --- (EQ04 - 676)

Message 8 of 11
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 9 of 11
efranklin23
Valued Contributor

@Sunshinebiz wrote:

Congrats on the successful recon. That was a SP right?

AMEX BCE (30K), DISCOVER IT (29.5K), NFCU CASH REWARDS (25K), BOA TRAVEL REWARDS (15K), USAA VISA (13K), CHASE SAPPHIRE RESERVE (13K), COMMENCE MASTERCARD (7.5K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), CHASE FREEDOM (7K), TFCU CC (2.5K), TARGET REDCARD (900)
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.