Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WalMart Credit Card - Approved!

tag
rryntz
Valued Member

WalMart Credit Card - Approved!

After everything i keep reading on the WalMart Card and GE, i figured id give it a shot and see what happens.  Went ahead and applied today and got an instant approval for $500 Smiley Happy

I know its not much, but i have been loving what i hear about the auto CLI's and glad i can add another card that will definitely grow with me, and my TU score as of today here on MyFico was only 609 Smiley Happy

Thanks for all the posts about the card on here!! glad i applied

Starting Score:535
Current Score:Equifax 675 Transunion 674 Experian 692 (MyFico 12/05/2014)
Goal Score: 720+
Chase Slate $500 | Cap1 QuickSilver $1500 | Cap1 Quicksilver $1250 | Cap1 Quicksilver $1000 | Navy Federal $10k | Barclay NFL Rewards $1500 | Barclay Rewards $1000 | Overstock.com $2700 | AMEX BCE $5000 | Cabela's Visa $1500
Entered Garden 11/2014 - staying minimum 6months
Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: WalMart Credit Card - Approved!

@rryntz wrote:

After everything i keep reading on the WalMart Card and GE, i figured id give it a shot and see what happens.  Went ahead and applied today and got an instant approval for $500 Smiley Happy

I know its not much, but i have been loving what i hear about the auto CLI's and glad i can add another card that will definitely grow with me, and my TU score as of today here on MyFico was only 603 Smiley Happy

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 28
CreditExpressNJ
Established Contributor

congratz i know the jaw dropping feeling when you get instant approval dont let it take you over though ... like it made me
CH7 Filed (3/29/17) - 483 EX 516 EQ 517 TU Discharged (5/31/17) - 559 EX 538 EQ 501 TU Current (1/18/22) - 690 EX 683 EQ 671 TU
Current Cards

Message 3 of 28
blk8
Regular Contributor

Congrats!

FICO: EX 662 | EQ 670 | TU 681
Message 4 of 28
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 28
rryntz
Valued Member

Smiley Happy thank you!

Yes I don't do a whole lot of posting but I read on here every single day!

I have a mix of new cards, some store cards and regular cards, and I'm done apping for now, going to hit the garden for 6 months at least to let them age.  Dealing with Cap1 EO on a couple cards with them hoping to get the CLI and graduate them from the beginner cards they were 2 years ago, but as it sits I'm right around 15% uti and hoping for decent bumps to my score over the next few months. 

Only carry a balance on 2 cards right now and plan to PIF by the end of the month

But yes it was nice getting that approval and then getting the chase slate not to long ago, nice having cards with no AF and ones I know will grow with me and not just stay stagnant Smiley Happy

Starting Score:535
Current Score:Equifax 675 Transunion 674 Experian 692 (MyFico 12/05/2014)
Goal Score: 720+
Chase Slate $500 | Cap1 QuickSilver $1500 | Cap1 Quicksilver $1250 | Cap1 Quicksilver $1000 | Navy Federal $10k | Barclay NFL Rewards $1500 | Barclay Rewards $1000 | Overstock.com $2700 | AMEX BCE $5000 | Cabela's Visa $1500
Entered Garden 11/2014 - staying minimum 6months
Message 6 of 28
creditjail
Regular Contributor

Congrats

FICO scores:EQ- 723 (6/13), TU- 722 (6/13), EX- ?
My Wallet- AMEX BCE-17.5K, Chase Freedom-6k, Cap1- 5K, BMO Harris-5K, Wells Fargo-2K,
Store Cards-Lowes- 8K, Ashley Furniture-6K, American Furniture-2.5K,

Message 7 of 28
pt310
Frequent Contributor

@rryntz wrote:

I know its not much, but i have been loving what i hear about the auto CLI's and glad i can add another card that will definitely grow with me, and my TU score as of today here on MyFico was only 609 Smiley Happy

Congrats on the new card!

Did you apply online? I ask because when I got mine a couple weeks ago, I applied online and was instant approved for $ 800. I called for recon and they raised it to $2500. Just a thought....Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 28
Express
Frequent Contributor

Congrats ! And watch the CLI grow  Smiley Very Happy

CL $408,200
Message 9 of 28
oztsvi
New Contributor

congrats!!

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.