Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Approval

tag
bk510
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Approval

@Mysticuno wrote:

Congrats on your approval! If you don't mind me asking...what are your scores? Which CA does Walmart pull? Thx

Wally pulls TU.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 31 of 42
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Supermama75 wrote:

Congrats on your approval!  Supposedly Walmart is really good at giving CLIs.  This hasn't been the case for me, however.  I'm not sure why.  I've made perfect payments on the account for a year and I get denied every time.  
Go figure : (

+1, Indeed.

photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo QS visa_zps7zokw2wl.jpg photo Venture One_zpsigvttrlz.jpg photo Sony Visa_zpsxoradr1b.jpg photo USC Reward_zpslcvjfxmq.jpg photo Penfed Promise_zpsdg1y2dw2.png photo NasaFcu_zpswac3zwcu.jpg photo America_zpsuwx8rzdm.jpg photo LA-Kings-card_zpslbkyeqsz.png photo Barclay_zpslqv3i4tl.jpg photo BBVA_zpsqrhh7omh.jpg
 photo nfcu debit card_zpsprkh98jw.png photo nfcu visa siggy_zps0gjgyxje.png/ photo nfcu goReward card_zpsixhh1qcp.jpg photo sdfcu platinum card_zpspilihdiv.png  photo penfed reward cash_zpsyckxjc7y.png photo alliant visa_zpsaf4udfx0.jpg photo Citi Secured_zpsypzxi0jm.png photo fnbo platinum_zpsxfub6esb.png photo marvel-credit-card_zpsfkvc3ux5.png photo golden 1 CU_zpslhgxynjv.pngBurned AECitiChase
Message 32 of 42
bk510
Valued Contributor

@Jarnog wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I just accepted the Wal-Mart card for the free FICO score.  I hope to get a quick Discover upgrade!

I just got approved for a $600 limit today.  TU score via MyFico on Jan 20 (purchased), 595, don't think much has changed since then, except maybe a little higher utilization due to bad weather here in SC and I had to get a new washer.  Only reason I app'd was because my wife got the "need more info" message when she app'd in store for an Old Navy card...and her TU score via here was 644 and that was pulled 2/15/14.  Go figure :/

Question - does Wal-mart generally change the card over to Discover after a certain amount of time...as long as one does what they need to as far as payments/utilization etc? 

Thanks!!

Its a hit and miss. Thats really best I can say based on my own xperience.

Message 33 of 42
bk510
Valued Contributor

@sr1019 wrote:

To me, they are a weird bunch.  I have posted on other messages stating the difference between my DW and my card.  She has had her 3 months longer than mine and has had 3 increase and a recent updgrade to discover.  I have had one increase and only $150.00.  My thought about that is she keeps a small balance on hers most of the time.  Around 100.00.  Charges new amounts and pays off the statement to avoid interest.  She started at a $200.00 limit and now has a discover for 2k.  I rarely keep a balance and pif before statement cuts.  Last month I started to keep a balance on it using the above method to avoid interest charges.  I will definitely let everyone know how it works to see if I get additional increases.  

+1,

But then again, who isn't....lol

Message 34 of 42
bk510
Valued Contributor

@BrokaToe wrote:

@credit0011 wrote:

@baller4life wrote:
Welcome to the Walmart family!

Thanks I'm liking this family already. One question how often do they give CLI

In just a years time I went from Store Card at $800 starting limit to the Discover version at $5,000 of course YMMV, but just saying they're very good at CLI if you manage your account properly. Smiley Happy

Edit: Congrats on the approval OP!!

I have come to know and realize that so called  " Managing your account or accounts properly " is SO underrated.

Message 35 of 42
bk510
Valued Contributor

@EW800 wrote:

Can anyone tell me what scores Walmart requires for approval?  I would prefer to only apply if it is a pretty much a sure thing.  Any idea what CRA they pull?

They pull TU.

Go ahead, its a 99% sure thing.

Message 36 of 42
SunriseEarth
Moderator Emeritus

@Jarnog wrote:

@wacdenney wrote:

I just accepted the Wal-Mart card for the free FICO score.  I hope to get a quick Discover upgrade!

I just got approved for a $600 limit today.  TU score via MyFico on Jan 20 (purchased), 595, don't think much has changed since then, except maybe a little higher utilization due to bad weather here in SC and I had to get a new washer.  Only reason I app'd was because my wife got the "need more info" message when she app'd in store for an Old Navy card...and her TU score via here was 644 and that was pulled 2/15/14.  Go figure :/

Question - does Wal-mart generally change the card over to Discover after a certain amount of time...as long as one does what they need to as far as payments/utilization etc? 

Thanks!!

No one here has been able to figure out a good correlation.  GECRB might just throw darts at Wally store cards, for all we know. 

Start: 619 (TU08, 9/2013) | Current: 809 (TU08, 3/05/24)
BofA CCR WMC $75000 | AMEX Cash Magnet $64000 | Discover IT $46000 | Disney Premier VS $43600 | Venmo VS $30000 | NFCU More Rewards AMEX $25000 | Macy's AMEX $25000 Store $25000 | Cash+ VS $25000 | Altitude Go VS $25000 | Synchrony Premier $24,200 | Sony Card VS $23750 | GS Apple Card WEMC $22000 | WF Active Cash VS $18,000 | Jared Gold Card $16000 | FNBO Evergreen VS $15000 | Citi Custom Cash MC $14600 | Target MC $14500 | BMO Harris Cash Back MC $14000 | Amazon VS $12000 | Freedom Flex WEMC $10000 | Belk MC $10000 | Wayfair MC $4500 ~~
Message 37 of 42
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

No one here has been able to figure out a good correlation.  GECRB might just throw darts at Wally store cards, for all we know. 

Smiley Happy

Message 38 of 42
jamie123
Valued Contributor

This is my experience with my Walmart card:

Opened card 8/12 with $500 CL.

Asked for CLI 1/13 = DENIED!

Asked for CLI 3/13 = $200 CLI to $700 CL

Auto upgraded to Walmart/Discover 8/13 with a $3500 CL

Asked for CLI 3/14 = $2500 CLI to $6000

So you may start out slow with Walmart but after demonstrating good credit habits they can be very generous with CLI.

Look at me, I went from a $500 CL to a $6000 CL in 18 months.

Starting Score: EQ 653 6/21/12
Current Score: EQ 817 3/10/20 - EX 820 3/13/20 - TU 825 3/03/20
Message 39 of 42
EW800
Valued Contributor

Very nice!  I am thining seriously about applying with Wally, although may wait a month or so when I know my Util will be a bit lower.  I am sitting at about 9% now, but should be at about 5% in a month or so.  Hopefully they will be kind to me.  Smiley Happy

Year 2012: All Scores in the 520 range, during a foreclosure, CC Settlement and high UTIL. Very ugly days...
April 2023: EX8: 840; EQ8: 832; TU8: 842 -- Middle Mortgage Score: 822
In My Wallet: Discover $73.7K; Cap1 Venture $48.7K; Amex ED $38K; Amex Optima $2.5K; Amex Delta Gold $18K; Citi Costco $22.5K; Cap1 Plat $8.4K; Barclay $7K; Chase Amazon $6K; BoA Plat $21.6K; Citi TY Pref $21K; US Bank $4K; Dell $5K; Care Credit $6.5K. Total Revolving CL: $296K
My UTIL: Less than 1% - Only allow about $10 a month to report, on one account. .
Message 40 of 42
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.