Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI

tag
xangoboy
Contributor

Walmart CLI

How often can you request a CLI with Walmart?

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart CLI

Im not too sure, but what I do know is that its considered a SP and I would recommend the online chat on your cards home page off of the full site. I had my card since December and I did some reading off the forums and noticed it was best to do an online chat. I went from 1k to 4k in just less than 6 months. Ask for 25k, you may or may not get the full amount but you will most likely get more than what you think.

Message 2 of 26
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

It really is different for everyone. Synchrony is a strange bird. I get no love from the chat, but Every 4 months, like Clockwork I get a CLI thru the Luv Button. Good Luck

Message 3 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yea with synchrony ask every 4 month , in my case with amazon i wait 4 months and they increase $1,000 to $3,500 now waiting 4 more months lol , i get walmart card this months and waiting that 4 months too. 

Message 4 of 26
xangoboy
Contributor

Thanks for responding everyone. Seems like 4 months is the magic number. I got a pre approval in the mail about 2 weeks ago. They've actually been hounding my for months and I put it off, because I wanted CareCredit instead. But I got declined for Care Credit last month, so figure to get my foot in the door with Sync, that I would apply for the Walmart Card.

I got instantly approved for $600, but called and got it raised to $4,000 (asked for $20k). Not bad, I go to Walmart every week and put Gas at Sam's Club frequently. So hopefully in 4 months I can grow the CL.
Message 5 of 26
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Sometimes the first CLI at Walmart is quicker. I did get a Auto CLI after 2.5 months, but after that it is 4 months.

Message 6 of 26
xangoboy
Contributor

Did you put usage through the card and PIF?
Message 7 of 26
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@xangoboy wrote:
Did you put usage through the card and PIF?

I found that having a balance show when statement closes and pay before due date to avoid interest gets the best results. After every four statements I would try the CLI button and in most cases get a CLI. I started with a $700 store card and it has been upgraded to a (Discover) Mastercard with a $8000 CL. YMMV

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 8 of 26
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

+1

Message 9 of 26
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Cold, is it 4 months or 4 statements after your last CLI at Walmart?  I am at 4 statements , but a week to go on 4 months. Hoping not to push luv button to soon. Thanks

Message 10 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.