Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart CLI

I've had the Walmart store card for almost a year and a half and it started with a credit limit of $500. I hit the luv button, roughly a couple of months ago and was only given $200 extra. I requested $5,000 and the $200 was the counter offer. My logic was to not leave any on the table when I asked for so much compared to my limit, so I took that $200 as a step in the right direction. However, a few days ago, I hit the luv button again and requested $3,000 and was instantly approved for it. Yep, I was feeling good about that! Not willing to leave well enough alone, I hit the luv button again today and requested $5,000 and was countered with a $500 increase. This brought me to a current credit limit of $3,500 after about 15 months having the card and starting out with only $500 in the beginning. I'll be holding on to this card for the long haul and taking it the highest credit limit that I can get it to.

Just FYI. I'm not sure if this is how it works, but I noticed that on my account page, there was a banner on the bottom of the main page that congratulated me on my "recent credit limit increase" after I got my first $200 increase. This congratulatory banner also advises and links to go shopping to spend some of that new money. I checked for this banner whenever I logged in, so when it was no longer there, I took that as Walmart no longer considering my CLI to be "recent" and requested the $3,000 and recieved it. After a few days, I still didn't see that banner again, so I asked for another CLI and got the counter offer of $500. It still hasn't popped back up on my account page, but I just got the most recent CLI today. Whenever it does show back up, I'm going to wait until they take it back down again and use that as my cue to ask for another CLI.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
trusty
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart CLI

@Anonymouswrote:

I've had the Walmart store card for almost a year and a half and it started with a credit limit of $500. I hit the luv button, roughly a couple of months ago and was only given $200 extra. I requested $5,000 and the $200 was the counter offer. My logic was to not leave any on the table when I asked for so much compared to my limit, so I took that $200 as a step in the right direction. However, a few days ago, I hit the luv button again and requested $3,000 and was instantly approved for it. Yep, I was feeling good about that! Not willing to leave well enough alone, I hit the luv button again today and requested $5,000 and was countered with a $500 increase. This brought me to a current credit limit of $3,500 after about 15 months having the card and starting out with only $500 in the beginning. I'll be holding on to this card for the long haul and taking it the highest credit limit that I can get it to.

Just FYI. I'm not sure if this is how it works, but I noticed that on my account page, there was a banner on the bottom of the main page that congratulated me on my "recent credit limit increase" after I got my first $200 increase. This congratulatory banner also advises and links to go shopping to spend some of that new money. I checked for this banner whenever I logged in, so when it was no longer there, I took that as Walmart no longer considering my CLI to be "recent" and requested the $3,000 and recieved it. After a few days, I still didn't see that banner again, so I asked for another CLI and got the counter offer of $500. It still hasn't popped back up on my account page, but I just got the most recent CLI today. Whenever it does show back up, I'm going to wait until they take it back down again and use that as my cue to ask for another CLI.

These are the kind of data points that make this forum tick. Well done!

Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your CLI.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ya! Requested me another 1.5k on my amazon and so far no issue approved. Smiley LOL

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have good credit, NEVER late with any payments but Synchrony Bank will not give me an increase. I’ve read about a luv button which I have no idea what that is. I just made a major purchase last month and paid twice on my account before August or my due date. I’ve heard some bad things about that bank, therefore I’m going to pay them out and leave their card along, better yet, shred it!! I’m VERY disappointed with them because I have given them plenty of business over the years.

Message 5 of 6
MartyWrite75
Valued Contributor

Nicely DONE!  Congratulations!

April 2024: Experian 772; Equifax 779; Transunion 781

Cards I Have:
Cap One QS: $600 (Sock drawer) || Cap One QS (#2): $6,200 (Sock drawer) || Discover It: $11,400 || Cap One Walmart: $600 (Sock drawer) || AMEX BCP: $8,900 || Amazon Prime Store Card: $10,000 || FNBO Rewards Visa: $2,600 || Discover Cash Back: $5,500 || Citi Custom Cash: $9,500 || Verizon VS Visa: $10,000 || Amex Hilton Honors: $10,000 || Amazon (Chase) Prime Rewards (VS): $9,500

Wishlist Cards:
Paypal Mastercard || Bread Mastercard

Gardening to 10/2024(ideally)
Total Utilization: 11%
Inquiries: Exp: (1) Trans: (0) Equif: (0)

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.