Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Cli

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Cli

I decided I would take a walk on the wild side and ask Walmart for a Cli on my store card. I started at $900 when I was approved 2 months ago. I pushed Luv button 2 times and this is what I got $900>$1500>$2500. Ok, I pushed it a 3rd time and got a message saying the request needed to be reviewed by a credit analyst and I would get a decision in 7-10 days. Is that their form of denial? I am absolutely happy with my increase and have no problem with being denied. I was just wondering if that is the standard wording for their "no more for you" response? I just don't want to be "in trouble" for requesting too many increases rapid fire like I did.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Cli

Every 7-10 day message that hubby and I have gotten from Synchrony has been a denial. You may get lucky though
Message 2 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

Oh it wasn't the 7-10 day part of that message that caught my eye. It was the "we need to forward this to a credit analyst " part that has me worried I triggered their attention. I don't remember any of my other denials saying that.
Message 3 of 25
rmduhon
Valued Contributor

Ours never said that. Interesting.
Message 4 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Hey congrats on the CLI and can you share your scores and such plz
Message 5 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am sorry! I should have thought to write them in here! Geez, I was just nervous about the weird denial grabbing Sync's attention. My score when approved was 644. My score 2 months later at increase is 654. I went from $900 to $2500 with luv button only. 9 inquiries, I have let a balance post each month, then PIF. Looks like the only thing that sparked the increase was breaking 650 because on the first statement I asked for increase and it was a no go.
Message 6 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

I will be cutting my 2nd statement next week I'm excited , when I was approved I had a 640 score now it's 665.. gonna be bold and ask for 5 to 7 k I wonder if it's better or any diff to call Customer Solutions or just hit the love button
Message 7 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

In my opinion ADuke, you have a great chance for CLI from Walmart. Perhaps you should call that way you get your increase all in one shot. I hit luv button fully expecting a denial, I hit it again fully expecting a denial, then the third time was a denial lol. Skip all that and call I would say. 

Message 8 of 25
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Aduke1122 wrote:
I will be cutting my 2nd statement next week I'm excited , when I was approved I had a 640 score now it's 665.. gonna be bold and ask for 5 to 7 k I wonder if it's better or any diff to call Customer Solutions or just hit the love button

Syncb luv button results are always a lot lower than what Credit Solutions will give you.  Online Chat is pretty good too.  With 665 TU score I'd ask for 8k and you'd probably get countered 4-6k

Message 9 of 25
Aduke1122
Senior Contributor

Thanks for the info , I plan to pay my balance in full bf asking , or do they like to see some balance?
Message 10 of 25
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.