Credit Card Center Advertiser Disclosure

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Re: Walmart Cli

[ Edited ]

Aduke1122 wrote:
Thanks for the info , I plan to pay my balance in full bf asking , or do they like to see some balance?

Not sure personally on that one since I go by the under 9% rule when doing increases and apps.  I'd say at least under 30% should be fine for good results, higher then it would be YMMV.

New Contributor
0 Kudos

WaveRider wrote:

Not sure personally on that one since I go by the under 9% rule when doing increases and apps.  I'd say at least under 30% should be fine for good results, higher then it would be YMMV.

I agree with WaveRider. I had a $65 balance with $900 limit and got the increase to $2500. As long as it isn't something crazy like maxed out, you should be fine.

Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

We've gotten increases with and without a balance. In fact, I deliberately asked for an increase for hubby (via chat) with his card basically maxed out, ~120 on a 150 limit. Told them it obviously wasn't enough. Got an increase to 3k, TU was roughly 650
Senior Contributor
0 Kudos

That's interesting rmduhon how long had he had his acct open at that point
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

About a month, maybe a bit longer.
Senior Contributor
0 Kudos

Was this recently ? I currently have a 300 balance on 700 cl which is due next week and I was going to PIF then try for a CLI
Valued Contributor
0 Kudos

Early last year, so it depends on if you consider that recently. Some people would, some won't. The good thing about the Walmart card is that it's a SP, so you can try now if you want to, and do it when you pay off the card if they say no.
Senior Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for the info
Established Contributor
0 Kudos

Hey Aduke1122, I went for my CLI 60 days after getting my card and it went from 800 to 2279 and I had a 250 balance. I paid that off and tried for another along with amazon and got increases on both. The Walmart card went from 2279 to 3300. I simply told them what I needed. I put about 300-700 on it a month, let it post and PIF. I did not call in this month on wally and  just got the amazon at 3K now. I havent tried to ask for 5K yet but they will counter if they feel you that day. 

Established Contributor
0 Kudos

I was at 2500...asked for 5k, they came back with 4k....LOVE WALLY CLI

Started rebuilding 1/14 Scores were mid 400's Today scores are knocking on 700's across the board Total CL 100K THICK FILE

Forums posts are not provided or commissioned by FICO. Forums posts have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by FICO. It is not FICO's responsibility to ensure all posts and/or questions are answered.

† Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
‡ Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on internal myFICO analysis of actual applicant approvals, and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range. These ranges were not provided by any card issuer.

* For complete information, see the terms and conditions on the credit card issuer’s website. Once you click apply for this card, you will be directed to the issuer’s website where you may review the terms and conditions of the card before applying. While myFICO always strives to present the most accurate information, we show a summary to help you choose a product, not the full legal terms - and before applying you should understand the full terms of products as stated by the issuer itself.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.