Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card approval

tag
accjohn1990
Contributor

Walmart Credit Card approval

I was approved for a Walmart credit card with a $800 credit limit.  That is a good credit limit for me Smiley Tongue Now i can cancel my Capital one quicksilver one card at the end of the year and avoid paying the annual fee.  I now have 4 cards without fees.  AMEX 1000 AMEX blue 500 Paypal 500 and Walmart 800.

Message 1 of 15
14 REPLIES 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart Credit Card approval

Congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 15
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the Walmart Card approval!!!

Message 3 of 15
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Congrats on scoring WallySmiley Happy

Before you close your QS1, verify your options. You might be able to get af waived or upgrade. Im not too schooled on Cap One but any questions you have you might post in credit cards forum and you might get some good advice on what to do with that card before you close, just to explore optionsSmiley Happy
Message 4 of 15
VipreArmed
Contributor

@AverageJoesCredit wrote:
Congrats on scoring WallySmiley Happy

Before you close your QS1, verify your options. You might be able to get af waived or upgrade. Im not too schooled on Cap One but any questions you have you might post in credit cards forum and you might get some good advice on what to do with that card before you close, just to explore optionsSmiley Happy

Agreed.  Looking at the SL for your other 4 cards, you may explore if closing it is your best option.  If it's one of your longer histories, it may be more worthwhile keeping to help your AAoA.  I'm assuming Paypal and Walmart are both store cards so if you close out the QS, you are only left with an AMEX to use (No Mastercard or Visa).   It's benefits to keeping a MC or Visa in your profile.   You may want to just pay it off if you haven't and keep it around.  

Congrats on the Walmart store card though.  It grows like crazy if you take care of it.  In 3 months, my credit line has grown to 5x what my SL was.  

AMEX Blue Cash | Capital One Platinum | OverStock CC | Quiksilver | Walmart | VS Angel Card | 24k Student Loans |

Starting Scores: 4/1/2017 EQ: 623 TU: 644 EX: 661
10/30/2017 EQ: 641 TU: 681 EX: 695
Goal: 720 EQ-TU-EX

Gardening till April 2018!

Message 5 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!  Keep your options open on the Cap1 QS Card tho!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 6 of 15
NICKI183
Established Contributor

You are defintely on your way! I have to retain my CapOne with fees as I have had it for so long and dont want my history to tank! Congrats again...Smiley Wink

Starting Score: 555/567/570- Aug 2017 (TU)646 (EQ) 626, (EX) 635-Goa 750l: UPDATE 2021 (TU) 623, (EQ) 584, (EXP) 598 Current VISA-MC-Amex Credit Cards |NFCU-CashReward-$2k|USSA Visa- $500lAmex USAA-secured Merrick-$1,900ll Amex Delta Sky Miles- $1k
, |Nordstrom-$2100|Neiman Marcus-$700|Credit One Bank $850/$500 / Capital One Journey $700/ Capital One Quicksilver One $1650/Target $600/KohlsStore $300/Personal Loans $14k
Garden Until 2/2022 removing all 18 collection baddies and decrease UTILto less than 5%
Message 7 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

NICK is right,,,DON'T TANK YOUR CREDIT AVERAGE AGE OF CREDIT

OVER A  SMALL ANNUAL FEE!!!!  Grow it Baby, GROW!!!  Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 15
shoegal
Valued Contributor

Congrats! With Cap1 Quicksilver one, see if they let you product change to the regular Quicksilver or waived the fee. There's a thread in here somewhere about upgrading cap1 cards with the link so check that first.

Message 9 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

PS: I started my CREDIT re-Build late 2013 with a Secured Capital One MC

card $300, and Secured USAA MC with $500, and an Unsecured Emblem

MC from Jefferson/Mid-America Bank for $325!!!  It was, let's just say BRUTAL!!!  Smiley Frustrated

I made my Bed and I was not sleeping very well in it.  It totally Sucked, believe me!!!

Now, coming up 4 years later and not even making $75K/Year at my Job, just Look below and

see what is Possible for YOU!!!  For Everybody here!!!  My total Credit line now is $106K with

a No Spending Limit AMEX Gold Card now to BOOT!!!  Smiley Happy  It can be done, BELIEVE ME!!! Smiley Happy

A very Wealthy Stock Market guy once was asked why he was so sucessful and not many others were,

He said....Plan your Trades, Trade your Plan!!!!  BE YOUR FUTURE!!!  You can do it!!!  I did.  Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.