Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Credit Card approved

tag
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Walmart Credit Card approved

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Went ahead and applied for a Walmart card...figured, what the hey? I shop at Walmart all the time, I can add some $$ to my overall credit limit, my credit is already going to take a dive (of sorts) when these other 2 new accounts hit (Citi and AMEX), and I get a free FICO every month. 

Sadly, I was only approved for $400 CL. This seems like somewhat of a slap in the face given I just got a Citi card for $4,000, and I'm assuming they pulled TU which my score is 713-ish...seems like a low CL. Does anyone know if GEMB is good with giving CLI's? Now I don't know if it was worth the hit or it Smiley Sad

All this after I swore to myself I would not apply for anything else until at least 2012. Smiley Tongue

Wait 4 months and make sure you use it nicely and PIF and you'll get a good CLI!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 21 of 24
RockinRay
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

Went ahead and applied for a Walmart card...figured, what the hey? I shop at Walmart all the time, I can add some $$ to my overall credit limit, my credit is already going to take a dive (of sorts) when these other 2 new accounts hit (Citi and AMEX), and I get a free FICO every month. 

Sadly, I was only approved for $400 CL. This seems like somewhat of a slap in the face given I just got a Citi card for $4,000, and I'm assuming they pulled TU which my score is 713-ish...seems like a low CL. Does anyone know if GEMB is good with giving CLI's? Now I don't know if it was worth the hit or it Smiley Sad

All this after I swore to myself I would not apply for anything else until at least 2012. Smiley Tongue

Wait 4 months and make sure you use it nicely and PIF and you'll get a good CLI!!!

+1 - 

GE is really good at nice CLI after the 4th statement custs. They have given me some very nice bumps on two cards.

Ray

** Every Card has a Job, and Every Card does its Job **
Message 22 of 24
teenastie
Established Contributor

@RockinRay wrote:

@LS2982 wrote:

@FloridaState12 wrote:

+1 - 

GE is really good at nice CLI after the 4th statement custs. They have given me some very nice bumps on two cards.

I'm not 100% sure why this was resurrected but FSU12 already got his first auto CLI:

http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/Walmart-auto-CLI/m-p/1156905

Message 23 of 24
mrcredit7
New Contributor

If dont mind  me asking...what was your initial CL and minimum monthly pymt.

Message 24 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.