Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover Approval!!!

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover Approval!!!

@CribDuchess wrote:

Well, so much for my bronze spade......  I decided to go ahead and apply for a Walmart credit card today since I wanted to purchase a Google Nexus 7 Tablet and get the $20 savings online.  I was looking at the tablet in a Walmart store this morning, but if you apply in store, they're not offering the $20 savings.

They approved me for the Walmart Discover card with a starting limit of $3,600.  They pulled TU.  I can't wait to start receiving my free TU Fico so I can cancel the MyFico TU quarterly monitoring.  I am tickled pink.  Smiley Happy

Super Congrats and that is pretty huge initial line with GE BUT since we have been seeing so much recent success on here, I would call tomorrow into underwriting and ask that they match your average of $10-$12k lines.  It is SP and they will counter, if not give it to you!

Message 11 of 16
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@CribDuchess wrote:

Well, so much for my bronze spade......  I decided to go ahead and apply for a Walmart credit card today since I wanted to purchase a Google Nexus 7 Tablet and get the $20 savings online.  I was looking at the tablet in a Walmart store this morning, but if you apply in store, they're not offering the $20 savings.

They approved me for the Walmart Discover card with a starting limit of $3,600.  They pulled TU.  I can't wait to start receiving my free TU Fico so I can cancel the MyFico TU quarterly monitoring.  I am tickled pink.  Smiley Happy

Super Congrats and that is pretty huge initial line with GE BUT since we have been seeing so much recent success on here, I would call tomorrow into underwriting and ask that they match your average of $10-$12k lines.  It is SP and they will counter, if not give it to you!

Thank you!!  And, thank you for the tip - I think I will try that.  It certainly can't hurt to ask.  Smiley Wink 

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 12 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval and nice starting CL!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 13 of 16
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Awwwwwww Congratulations tickled pink yes i would be too. Yes call underwriting for a higher limit.

Message 14 of 16
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

nice job!
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 15 of 16
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.