Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Discover question--Update Approved-- CLI success

tag
mikka1
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover question

@Swapmeet wrote:

lol...I got my card in Nov, and have been denied for a cli 3 times. Once after each time I paid it off. I am just going to wait until my fourth statement cuts now. I also hit the luv button like 5 times, but it says that I my account is not eligible for an online limit increase. I figure it's a sp, so f-it. What's the worst that can happen?

Are you absolutely sure, that it was a _denial_ of CLI?

The thing is that most of GE accounts have a luv button, but it rarely works as it should - in most cases you get something like "CLI requests can not be made online at this time ...blah-blah-blah", but that is NOT a denial, it's just a system glitch. 

I would say that the best way forward is just to call a number on the back of your card. I have 4 GE cards for more than a year and I think online CLI worked only once on GAP card. When you call this number it will most likely be an automated system. It will ask you to say something like "credit increase", then ask you what is your desired limit, what is your income and then either approve this increase (but still asking you to confirm that you're accepting it) or counter you with smaller increase. 

I had to speak to a live person only once and I've never received straight decline - they were always counter-offering with small, but still increases...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data aboveCurrent TU - probably around ~810, only using a few Chase & BofA cards now, not applying for much until we buy a house
Message 21 of 40
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Are walmart discover decisions instantaneous online or does one have to wait for a week or so?

Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 22 of 40
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Are walmart discover decisions instantaneous online or does one have to wait for a week or so?

I was instantly approved online for a Walmart Discover card, but as always YMMV.

Message 23 of 40
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

I was instantly approved online for a Walmart Discover card, but as always YMMV.

Thanks Kevin!

EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012

Message 24 of 40
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover question-- Update

Ok, I went ahead and applied for it and was instantly approved for a credit limit of $1800

It is my lowest Credit Limit on a card, but I am glad it was approved.

Thanks all of you for the suggestions and help!

Message 25 of 40
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Discover question-- Update approved -- immediate recon and CLI

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Ok, I went ahead and applied for it and was instantly approved for a credit limit of $1800

Guess what folks!!!  I have called them right away  (thanks to kevins experience) and asked if I could get a starting Credit Limit of $10,000  After asking few questions about my income etc, and 5 minutes later, they have approved my request!

I am super excited!!!!

Special Thanks to Kevinjjc!!!

Message 26 of 40
londonhogfan
Contributor

Awesome! GE is great. I should be more agressive with my CLI requests with them.

I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Message 27 of 40
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

Thanks london.  Yes, they seem to be very generous, provided you have no baddies on credit report!

Message 28 of 40
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

@tennisfan78 wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

Guess what folks!!!  I have called them right away  (thanks to kevins experience) and asked if I could get a starting Credit Limit of $10,000  After asking few questions about my income etc, and 5 minutes later, they have approved my request!

I am super excited!!!!

Woohoo!!! Congrats! I'm glad it worked for you too.

Message 29 of 40
tennisfan78
Established Contributor

@kevinjjc wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

@tennisfan78 wrote:

I am super excited!!!!

Woohoo!!! Congrats! I'm glad it worked for you too.

Thank you!!! This matches my existing highest CL on my Cash+ card!   

Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.