Reply
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 272
Registered: ‎12-28-2011
0

Re: Walmart Discover question


Swapmeet wrote:

lol...I got my card in Nov, and have been denied for a cli 3 times. Once after each time I paid it off. I am just going to wait until my fourth statement cuts now. I also hit the luv button like 5 times, but it says that I my account is not eligible for an online limit increase. I figure it's a sp, so f-it. What's the worst that can happen?


Are you absolutely sure, that it was a _denial_ of CLI?

The thing is that most of GE accounts have a luv button, but it rarely works as it should - in most cases you get something like "CLI requests can not be made online at this time ...blah-blah-blah", but that is NOT a denial, it's just a system glitch. 

I would say that the best way forward is just to call a number on the back of your card. I have 4 GE cards for more than a year and I think online CLI worked only once on GAP card. When you call this number it will most likely be an automated system. It will ask you to say something like "credit increase", then ask you what is your desired limit, what is your income and then either approve this increase (but still asking you to confirm that you're accepting it) or counter you with smaller increase. 

 

I had to speak to a live person only once and I've never received straight decline - they were always counter-offering with small, but still increases...

In my wallet now: Amex PRG NPSL, Amex BCE $15k $17k (thanks to recent CLI), Chase Freedom 11k, CSP $6k, Chase United ME $5k, Citi Dividend $5.6k, Discover It $4.5k and a handful of other cards...
TU Dec 2013 - 752Sep 2013 - 764 - new all time maximum

Obsolete data &colon:smileywink: Current TU - probably around ~750. I am now applying only for cards I can have fat sign-up bonuses on, repay them right away and close before next year. That's why BKLSBNKDELAWARE probably blacklisted me long ago, LOL...
Established Contributor
Posts: 638
Registered: ‎09-18-2011
0

Re: Walmart Discover question

 

 

Are walmart discover decisions instantaneous online or does one have to wait for a week or so?


Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,394
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: Walmart Discover question


tennisfan78 wrote:

 

 

Are walmart discover decisions instantaneous online or does one have to wait for a week or so?


I was instantly approved online for a Walmart Discover card, but as always YMMV.

Established Contributor
Posts: 638
Registered: ‎09-18-2011
0

Re: Walmart Discover question


kevinjjc wrote:

tennisfan78 wrote:

 

 

Are walmart discover decisions instantaneous online or does one have to wait for a week or so?


I was instantly approved online for a Walmart Discover card, but as always YMMV.


Thanks Kevin!


Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 638
Registered: ‎09-18-2011
0

Re: Walmart Discover question-- Update

 

Ok, I went ahead and applied for it and was instantly approved for a credit limit of $1800

 

It is my lowest Credit Limit on a card, but I am glad it was approved.

 

Thanks all of you for the suggestions and help!

 


Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Established Contributor
Posts: 638
Registered: ‎09-18-2011
0

Re: Walmart Discover question-- Update approved -- immediate recon and CLI


tennisfan78 wrote:

 

Ok, I went ahead and applied for it and was instantly approved for a credit limit of $1800

 

It is my lowest Credit Limit on a card, but I am glad it was approved.

 

Thanks all of you for the suggestions and help!

 


Guess what folks!!!  I have called them right away  (thanks to kevins experience) and asked if I could get a starting Credit Limit of $10,000  After asking few questions about my income etc, and 5 minutes later, they have approved my request!

 

I am super excited!!!!

 

Special Thanks to Kevinjjc!!!

 

 


Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Contributor
Posts: 142
Registered: ‎01-15-2013
0

Re: Walmart Discover question-- Update approved -- immediate recon and CLI

Awesome! GE is great. I should be more agressive with my CLI requests with them.



I'll be in the garden... FICO Score | TU-08: 732 in May 2013
Established Contributor
Posts: 638
Registered: ‎09-18-2011
0

Re: Walmart Discover question-- Update approved -- immediate recon and CLI

 

Thanks london.  Yes, they seem to be very generous, provided you have no baddies on credit report!


Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor
Posts: 1,394
Registered: ‎01-14-2009
0

Re: Walmart Discover question-- Update approved -- immediate recon and CLI


tennisfan78 wrote:

tennisfan78 wrote:

 

Ok, I went ahead and applied for it and was instantly approved for a credit limit of $1800

 

It is my lowest Credit Limit on a card, but I am glad it was approved.

 

Thanks all of you for the suggestions and help!

 


Guess what folks!!!  I have called them right away  (thanks to kevins experience) and asked if I could get a starting Credit Limit of $10,000  After asking few questions about my income etc, and 5 minutes later, they have approved my request!

 

I am super excited!!!!

 

Special Thanks to Kevinjjc!!!

 

 


Woohoo!!! Congrats! I'm glad it worked for you too.

Established Contributor
Posts: 638
Registered: ‎09-18-2011
0

Re: Walmart Discover question-- Update approved -- immediate recon and CLI


kevinjjc wrote:

tennisfan78 wrote:

tennisfan78 wrote:

 

Ok, I went ahead and applied for it and was instantly approved for a credit limit of $1800

 

It is my lowest Credit Limit on a card, but I am glad it was approved.

 

Thanks all of you for the suggestions and help!

 


Guess what folks!!!  I have called them right away  (thanks to kevins experience) and asked if I could get a starting Credit Limit of $10,000  After asking few questions about my income etc, and 5 minutes later, they have approved my request!

 

I am super excited!!!!

 

Special Thanks to Kevinjjc!!!

 

 


Woohoo!!! Congrats! I'm glad it worked for you too.


Thank you!!! This matches my existing highest CL on my Cash+ card!   

 

 


Starting Score: EQ=665,TU=618 on Oct 9,2010
EQ=702,TU=725 on Apr 11, 2012 EQ=705 on Oct 31, 2012 Current Score: EQ=702, TU=714 on Dec 8, 2012
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.