Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Finally Approved Me

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Finally Approved Me

Welcome to Wally World!

True story - I was solicited several times during 2012 for the Walmart card. A couple of times I bit the bait on "preapproved" and "prequalified" and was shot down, with GECRB performing two hard pulls for each reply from me - for a total of 4 Hard Pulls last year for their store card.

While in the store, I was solicited at the register for the Discover version...  I said OK, got the 7-10 notice, then had to talk with fraud prevention. As a result, I ended up with the $500 limit.

Using the backdoor numbers, and mentioning that my "real" Discover had just been upgraded to $9200, I asked for an even $10k. Approved!

So, first they don't like me, and then I get a five digit CL.  Go figure...

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 11 of 18
kells2013

@09Lexie was it Walmart that started out at $700 or JCP? 

Message 12 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 13 of 18
kells2013

@09Lexie wrote:
Walmart
WWhat advice do you have for paying on the card?
Message 14 of 18
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

I had little to know usage on the card. I would keep your overall util low ESP when you call in for a CLI. I carried a bal once maybe twice. Some have been successful in getting CLI with heavy usage and carrying bal. I wish I knew the trick but the consensus here is to request a CLI after every 4 th statement not month.
Message 15 of 18
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Make sure to get signed-up for paperless statement, so that you get  your monthly FICO

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 16 of 18
CenturyChild
Frequent Contributor

GE seems pretty decent about CLIs.

My Walmart card started at 700.

But, GE gave a Auto CLI after just 2 1/2 months on it. I hadn't got my 3rd statement when they did.

It was only $100, but was pretty fast. I didn't expect anything at all that fast.

That was around 2 months ago or so, so hopefully they will show some auto love every 4 months or so.

Amazon done the same thing to me, only a larger CLI at around 3 1/2 months.

I use my Walmart card for groceries, and its not hard to run it up to 80%+ each month.

But I pay it down to 10-15% before statement cut.

Hoping this strategy will yield higher CLIs in the future.

Message 17 of 18
HYPASS33
Frequent Contributor

Call Credit Solutions and ask for a higher limitto purchase some stuff for your new house you just purchased. I did that with my Lowes card and jumped from 800 to 5000. Never know unless you ask and hey, its a SP so why not.. Smiley Happy
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.