Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Increase - CLI...WOOHOO

tag
dabrian
Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Increase - CLI...WOOHOO

Congrats!!

GECRB is super awesome for credit increases if you take care of them.   Just this month I hit the LUV button on my WAL-MART and went from 800-1200 and then I also called Customer Service line on my Lowes and went got and increase to $2k from my starting CL of $600. 

NFCU Sig Cash-20k/ Amex BCP-19.4k/ Amex Costco-1.2k/Chase Marriott-12k/CSP-13.4k/ Freedom-5.5k/ Discover IT-14k/NCSECU-5k/Walmart-10k/Lowes-25k
Message 11 of 20
xxkirby213xx

Hi everybody am new here i got a question....i open a walmart card with an 150cl on 1/13 pay my bill before its due never owe more $60 bucks now my question is should i ask for a cli or should i wait the 4 month by the way i love this forum 

2008-Discharge Chapter 7
2/4/2013-myFICO- TU=694 EQ=672 EX=???
Message 12 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@xxkirby213xx wrote:

Hi everybody am new here i got a question....i open a walmart card with an 150cl on 1/13 pay my bill before its due never owe more $60 bucks now my question is should i ask for a cli or should i wait the 4 month by the way i love this forum 

Welcome to the forums!!!!

Definitelt wait the 4 months then ask for a CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 13 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@DiscoBiscuit wrote:

I know from reading these forums that you're not supposed to ask for such big increases. You're supposed to be reasonable, maybe looking to double or triple your CLI.

I am not sure where you got that information from, but ignore it. All lenders I know will counter if they cannot grant the requested amount. Always ask for more than you think you will get, otherwise you will get it and feel like you should have asked for me. General Electric seems really easy to get a higher limit with. Go big or go home I always say.

Not sure on this one, I suspect some get kicked out for being frivolous vis a vis the BOFA one I tried for giggles during my spree (that was summarily denied).

I'm pretty certain the shoot for the moon tactics are fairly GE specific.

        
Message 14 of 20
xxkirby213xx

ok thank LS2982

2008-Discharge Chapter 7
2/4/2013-myFICO- TU=694 EQ=672 EX=???
Message 15 of 20
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

@navigatethis12 wrote:

@DiscoBiscuit wrote:

I know from reading these forums that you're not supposed to ask for such big increases. You're supposed to be reasonable, maybe looking to double or triple your CLI.

I am not sure where you got that information from, but ignore it. All lenders I know will counter if they cannot grant the requested amount. Always ask for more than you think you will get, otherwise you will get it and feel like you should have asked for me. General Electric seems really easy to get a higher limit with. Go big or go home I always say.

Not sure on this one, I suspect some get kicked out for being frivolous vis a vis the BOFA one I tried for giggles during my spree (that was summarily denied).

I agree with this. I'd be scared shooting for the moon with prime lenders myself!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 20
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nicely done, Congrats!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 17 of 20
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

I agree with this. I'd be scared shooting for the moon with prime lenders myself!

Well I do it all of the time. I asked to go from 2000 to 10100 with FIA and they countered with 7500; also went from 1000 to 5000 with them. I asked for 10000 from 3000 with Chase, but they only countered with 4000 Smiley Sad. I didn't mean ask to go from 1000 to 20000. It would be really lame for them to criticise you for asking for too much. I would just hate to ask for a small increase and then feel like I should have asked for more.

Message 18 of 20
anonyman
Established Member

Contgratulations

GECRB is just AWESOME

Message 19 of 20
jennylocha
Regular Contributor

I just got off the phone with them myself and asked them too increase my $600 credit limit to $3000 and they came back with $1200. Uhhhhh......I'll take it! They just gave me an increase from $400 to $600 like less than two months ago and I've been very diligent with using it and paying a couple times a month, never exceeding the use of the card by 20% or so. Love, love love GE!
Current Score: TU 671 / EQ 675 / EX 682
Goal Score: 700 Club Across the board!

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.