Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Pre-Approved for $500

tag
KausticRage
New Contributor

Walmart Pre-Approved for $500

When I logged into my Walmart account and click on the CC app it said I was Pre-Approved for $500.  Althouhg its nice to see a pre-approval and I want to app but that limit is low.  Has anyone ever had any success getting that limit up with Recon after being approved for the pre-approved limit?  Sorry if its a repost but I couldnt find an answer with a search.

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
beb86
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart Pre-Approved for $500

thats a good starting limit and it will grow pretty much like clock work

Message 2 of 17
KausticRage
New Contributor

Yeah, I know it could be much worse but I wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing on electronics but $500 is not enough for what I want.

April 2013 FICO Scores
Experian - 709 Chase Freedom Pull
Equifax - 788 BofA MLB Rewards Pull
Trans Union - 778 (GE Money Bank CLI scores)

In the Garden until at least 2014 to let the new accounts age and HP's fall off. 800 club here I come...
Message 3 of 17
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@KausticRage wrote:

Yeah, I know it could be much worse but I wanted to take advantage of the 0% financing on electronics but $500 is not enough for what I want.

Call up when approved and ask for a higher limit and specifically mention the 0% for 18 months offer. There were a lot of CLIs going around here when that coupon first showed up. 

Message 4 of 17
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

It grows every four months.  Starting at 500, you'll be at 2-3k by end of next year.  plus you get a free TU08 score every month.  worth it's weight on gold.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 5 of 17
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 6 of 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@KausticRage wrote:

When I logged into my Walmart account and click on the CC app it said I was Pre-Approved for $500.  Althouhg its nice to see a pre-approval and I want to app but that limit is low.  Has anyone ever had any success getting that limit up with Recon after being approved for the pre-approved limit?  Sorry if its a repost but I couldnt find an answer with a search.

I wouldn't worry about the CL.

GE grows very quickly with good usage every 4 months ask for a CLI.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 7 of 17
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Wow, I just tried this and also got the pre-approval link. It also mentions at the bottom:

"By applying for this account, I am asking GE Capital Retail Bank ("GECRB") to issue me a Walmart® Discover® Card (the "Card")"

Seems they pull TU. Must.. resist..

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Go for it. My husband & I both got one - my measly $300 limit (reconned from $150!), and he got $800. Our TU scores are only 5 pts apart. I'm hoping it really does grow like everyone says it will Smiley Happy The savings in gas this month alone is worth it.

Message 9 of 17
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

I absolutely love my walmart card. You should apply GE will definitely show u luv!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.