Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Store Credit Card.... Approved... and a tip to all

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart Store Credit Card.... Approved... and a tip to all

I got approved for a Walmart Store Card around 1 hour ago, I applied online and it's say "pre-approved" for $500 CL Store Card, I filled the application, but it didn't ask for mi DL/ID number, income, and this stuff, I submitted the applicaton and got the 7-10 days message.

Reading forums through internet, I seen that when you got this message for Walmart Credit Cards, you need to call Credit Customer Service, and I did it.

I talked with a CSR and she verified my name, address, SSN, and asked me a few things, like my income, and 3 multiple option questions to verify my identity.

1. Car associated with me.

2. Address associated with me.

3. Address associated with me.

After that, she inmediately said me: congratulations you've been approved for a Walmart Credit Card with $500 CL.

So, as a tip, if you've applied online and got the message 7-10 days call the Credit Customer Service Number: 1-877-969-3668 and check if it works for you.

By the way I only know my Credit Karma FAKO Score: 652.

This is my 3th credit card.

My credit history is 4 months, all payments on time. My oldest account is a Wells Fargo Platinium Credit Card, 4 months obviously.

I got a Capital One for Newcomers with Rewards on November 2, that is not reported to my records yet.

And now I got this one, Walmart Credit Card.

I'll wait 2 months and after that, ask for a CLI since I saw that is it really easy lol.

Greetings and I hope my information is helpful for someone.

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Store Credit Card.... Approved... and a tip to all

Congrats

Message 2 of 16
brother7
Established Contributor

CONGRATULATIONS!

I got the Walmart Discover 2 weeks ago for the sole purpose of getting the free monthly TU08 FICO scores.

In my case, the CK Transrisk score (695) and Walmart TU08 FICO (698) are very close, at least for November.

It'll be very interesting to track these 2 scores in the coming months because my credit profile will be all over the place, with more cards yet to report, from 1 to 6 cards reporting a balance at any given time, and individual card utilization ranging from 1% to 35%.

Eventually, I'll settle back into my usual routine (all zero balances except for one reporting 1%).

Enjoy your new card! And don't forget to sign up for paperless billing to get your free monthly TU08 FICO.

04/01/2020 - EX 849 (Credit Scorecard EX FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
02/20/2020 - TU 850 (Discover TU FICO® Score 8, range 300-850)
03/24/2020 - EQ 884 (Citi EQ FICO® Bankcard Score 8, range 250-900)
GOAL - 800! - App free since 11/22/2017
Message 3 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval. Same thing happened to me when I applied monday. Online it showed you are pre-approved and only asked for Social/DOB/Phone number. I got the 7-10 day message and called in. They asked three id questions, nothing about income or address and got the approval.

What is strange is that it is now friday, I just checked my reports and no HP has posted. Would be nice if it stays that way, but would it hurt my CLI chances down the road? Hope not.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 4 of 16
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Hi!  Congratulations on your new credit card and welcome to the MyFico forum!!!  

Thank you for sharing this information, I'm sure it will help a lot of folks!

FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 5 of 16
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the card and welcome to the forum the walmart card will definitely grow.

Message 6 of 16
beb86
Valued Contributor

Would wait until after the 4th statement to post to request a CLI
Message 7 of 16
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

make sure to sign-up for paperless billing, so you get free monthly TU score
5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 8 of 16
jmcmillan
Frequent Contributor

What's the process for walmart preapproval? Is it similar to WFNNB check-out method?

Which CRA do they usually run?
Message 9 of 16
Epcot
Valued Contributor

@jmcmillan wrote:
What's the process for walmart preapproval? Is it similar to WFNNB check-out method?

Which CRA do they usually run?

As far as I can tell, I just had a walmart.com account and while logged in I went to apply for the card. Upon clicking Apply it gave me the pre-approval with my name/address filled out, instead of the entire application. It just asked for DOB/Social and a phone number.

They usually pull TU. Although they have yet to HP me and I got approved on monday.

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.