Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart, Target & Care Credit Approvals

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Walmart, Target & Care Credit Approvals

I was denied for Walmart in August. Applied again a few days ago because my scores had improved a lot, and got approved for $200. Also got Target for $200 after being denied around the same time as Walmart. And I got $1,500 from Care Credit. Going to nurse the heck out of these, especially Walmart since we shop there so often. Now that I have most of the cards I have wanted most, I'm firmly in the garden for a few months.

Good grief, it was a terribly bumpy road to get here, though. Was (THIS) close to giving up. I mean, I was bitter, angry, and ready to just say FORGET THIS CREDIT CRAP just a month ago! (I mean, I was really, really, really bitter and angry!)

So, no matter how upset, angry, bitter, sad, depressed, etc. you may feel, don't give up. Good things WILL come! (Even if it seems to take WAY longer than  you expect or hope!)

Also, as I was writing this I got a call from Capital One's Fraud Department asking me some security questions regarding my recent application for the Capital One Platinum card. Answered all of them correctly, and she said if I receive final approval I should get the card in 7-10 business days, so fingers crossed, because it will be my first UNSECURED bank credit card (not store card) since I started my rebuild if I am approved!

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart, Target & Care Credit Approvals

Congrats!! Im going to try for Walmart and Target middled next year. Target has been good to some this year with CLI's so hopefully in a few months you will be lucky!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

I'd seriously put your CRAs on freeze to force yourself in the garden. While Walmart and Target can be rewarding cards if you PIF, the APRs are going to crush you.  As for Care Credit, also be aware that you can sometimes negotiate 0% interest payment plans with a lot of hospitals and clinics -- don't mention you have a Care Credit card until you've tried getting a free loan out of the medical group first!

Now it's time to garden for real, let everything age nicely and let those inquiries stop penalizing you and you'll be in a good place to start getting some prime bank cards next!

Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

We don't carry balances on many cards, so we will probably PIF the majority of the time. We shop at Walmart and Target a lot, so we will probably use both and pay both multiple times per month. Most of our cards have 0 balances. Smiley Happy

I plan to use Care Credit to get a filling done, and once that is paid off, to get eyeglasses. Nothing major and it will be paid off in 2 or 3 months max. But I will definitely keep the special financing in mind if I need anything bigger down the road.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yep, if you can take advantage of Care Credit special financing, it's a great option -- just make sure not to make the common mistake of not getting it paid in time and having interest accrue.  I swear I see 100 stories a year from folks close to me about how Care Credit was the beginning of their downward spiral because of interest "magically" accruing at some point.

My dentist has an awesome payment plan that I love but his only requirement is that the person come in for cleanings like clockwork.  Kinda brings him more income that way, but it's nice that he offers it.  Considering he drives a $200,000+ car, I don't think his clinic is hurting.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Yep, if you can take advantage of Care Credit special financing, it's a great option -- just make sure not to make the common mistake of not getting it paid in time and having interest accrue.  I swear I see 100 stories a year from folks close to me about how Care Credit was the beginning of their downward spiral because of interest "magically" accruing at some point.

My dentist has an awesome payment plan that I love but his only requirement is that the person come in for cleanings like clockwork.  Kinda brings him more income that way, but it's nice that he offers it.  Considering he drives a $200,000+ car, I don't think his clinic is hurting.

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I was denied for Walmart in August. Applied again a few days ago because my scores had improved a lot, and got approved for $200. Also got Target for $200 after being denied around the same time as Walmart. And I got $1,500 from Care Credit. Going to nurse the heck out of these, especially Walmart since we shop there so often. Now that I have most of the cards I have wanted most, I'm firmly in the garden for a few months.

Good grief, it was a terribly bumpy road to get here, though. Was (THIS) close to giving up. I mean, I was bitter, angry, and ready to just say FORGET THIS CREDIT CRAP just a month ago! (I mean, I was really, really, really bitter and angry!)

So, no matter how upset, angry, bitter, sad, depressed, etc. you may feel, don't give up. Good things WILL come! (Even if it seems to take WAY longer than  you expect or hope!)

Also, as I was writing this I got a call from Capital One's Fraud Department asking me some security questions regarding my recent application for the Capital One Platinum card. Answered all of them correctly, and she said if I receive final approval I should get the card in 7-10 business days, so fingers crossed, because it will be my first UNSECURED bank credit card (not store card) since I started my rebuild if I am approved!

Congratulations on your approvals. Dv

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just got off the phone with Capital One, and I was approved for a $300 SL, so this is the first UNSECURED bank card I’ve had in around 10 years! Yay!

I’m all set on credit now. There’s nothing else I urgently want and definitely nothing I need right now, so my happy little bottom is going to be planted firmly in the garden until at least Spring! By then, hopefully we can refinance the car and in a couple of years we should hopefully have a down payment saved for a mortgage!

Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations buddy. Enjoy your new cards. Follow a very strict regimen of always paying your cc bills. You'll be rewarded in soon time.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.