Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart Upgraded to Discover!!!!!!!!

tag
Mellon
Established Contributor

Walmart Upgraded to Discover!!!!!!!!

Logged into my Walmart account and got the invitation to upgrade to Discover....I've had the Walmart store card since 2008 currently at a $1700 CL. I may try for an increase once the conversion is complete and card is activated

I also have the IT card not sure if it made a difference in getting the offer

Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
fedxboy
Established Contributor

Re: Walmart Upgraded to Discover!!!!!!!!

Wow, very nice!!  Congrats to you!  I got my Wally card around 10/11 -- certainly not as long as you, so I guess I wouldn't expect an upgrade, but had always hoped for one. 

I just reapplied and took a HP on TransUnion Smiley Mad  Guess, I didn't have the patience that you've exhibited, but I always wanted a Discover and the "real" Discover wouldn't give.

(7/23/16) AMEX FICO EX 728, (6/20/16) Discover FICO TU 747, (7/24/16) Barclays FICO 750 (TC Lines $400+K) AAoA= 4.3 yrs
Message 2 of 13
boomhower
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  Having the IT card had nothing to do with it.  Your walmart discover is still issued by GEMB which has nothing to do with cards issued by Discover, they just run through the Discover network.  Just like a Bank of America AMEX has absolutely nothing in common with cards issued by AMEX, they just use the network.

Message 3 of 13
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

I cant wait until I see that famous pop up that i hear about when offered for upgrade. CONGRATS!!!

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 4 of 13
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Congrats! Now you can use it outside of Walmart/Sam's Club.

Message 5 of 13
Epcot
Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats on the elusive upgrade!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 849 EX 835 TU 841
Message 6 of 13
Mellon
Established Contributor

does anyone know if you keep the age on the account or is it treated like a new account?

Message 7 of 13
eviLution
Established Contributor

I had the Discover it when I applied for Walmart and was only given the regular store card.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Message 8 of 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@Mellon wrote:

does anyone know if you keep the age on the account or is it treated like a new account?

too my knowlege they close out the old account and open a new one. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 9 of 13
Mellon
Established Contributor

@creditnocash wrote:

@Mellon wrote:

too my knowlege they close out the old account and open a new one. 

yeah thats what happened. The closed the old account with 5 years of open history and opened the Discover version effective 2/2013. My Discover card does have member since 2008.

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.