Frequent Contributor

Walmart Upgraded to Discover!!!!!!!!

Logged into my Walmart account and got the invitation to upgrade to Discover....I've had the Walmart store card since 2008 currently at a $1700 CL. I may try for an increase once the conversion is complete and card is activated

I also have the IT card not sure if it made a difference in getting the offer

:smileyhappy:

Frequent Contributor

Re: Walmart Upgraded to Discover!!!!!!!!

Wow, very nice!!  Congrats to you!  I got my Wally card around 10/11 -- certainly not as long as you, so I guess I wouldn't expect an upgrade, but had always hoped for one. 

I just reapplied and took a HP on TransUnion :smileymad:  Guess, I didn't have the patience that you've exhibited, but I always wanted a Discover and the "real" Discover wouldn't give.

(04/29/15) Barclay FICO 761, (5/06/2015) Walmart FICO 757, (4/20/15) Discover IT FICO 757 42 AAoA=4.5 yrs
Valued Contributor

Congrats.  Having the IT card had nothing to do with it.  Your walmart discover is still issued by GEMB which has nothing to do with cards issued by Discover, they just run through the Discover network.  Just like a Bank of America AMEX has absolutely nothing in common with cards issued by AMEX, they just use the network.

Senior Contributor

I cant wait until I see that famous pop up that i hear about when offered for upgrade. CONGRATS!!!

Valued Contributor

Congrats! Now you can use it outside of Walmart/Sam's Club.

Valued Contributor

Nice, Congrats on the elusive upgrade!

Starting Score: EQ 717 EX 724 TU 736
Current Score: EQ 816 EX 780 TU 823
App free since 4/11/13
Frequent Contributor

does anyone know if you keep the age on the account or is it treated like a new account?

Established Contributor

I had the Discover it when I applied for Walmart and was only given the regular store card.

DCU Platinum: 4000 - Discover IT: 11000 - Walmart: 5000 - AMEX BCP: 18000 - Chase Freedom VS: 5000
in the garden since 1/24/14 - #GARDENSTRONG
Valued Contributor

Mellon wrote:

does anyone know if you keep the age on the account or is it treated like a new account?

too my knowlege they close out the old account and open a new one. 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9

2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$6,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Frequent Contributor

creditnocash wrote:

Mellon wrote:

too my knowlege they close out the old account and open a new one. 

yeah thats what happened. The closed the old account with 5 years of open history and opened the Discover version effective 2/2013. My Discover card does have member since 2008.

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.