Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart card CLI

tag
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Walmart card CLI

Got my new Walmart card and logged in for the first time to the online account info. Got my credit score which was waay lower than I thought.. oh well.. and then I noticed a button that said click this to request a CLI.   That there button looks mighty enticing to me. Its almost as if in my mind i read "press here to raise your credit score" or press for free money". Does it make any sense to request a CLI right off the bat? I don't wanna waste a hard pull. I was reading through old messages as I do before I post to try to see if my question had been answered elsewhere and someone was saying that GE grants a CLI every 4 months. There is also the logic (in my mind) that if the button is clickable then there is a CLI available to me there somewhere behind the button. Any insight?

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSx54dO6I1zEc2HjO-QnVfelm_hPJHH6FB3Vvaz71c9azM...

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
jsickz32
Valued Contributor

Re: Walmart card CLI

You can try it. If denied its only a sp. I press mine every time i feel like it lol
Amex BCE (2500) / Amex SPG (4000) / Amex GoldPR / Merrill+ Visa siggy (5000) / BofA Amex (6000) / Bofa cash rewards (5000) / BofA Privileges Cash Rewards (5000) / Citi Forward (4400) / Citi DP (2000) / Chase Freedom (4000) / Chase CSP (5000) / Chase Hyatt (5000) / Discover IT (1700) / FNBO AMEX (3600) / NFCU cashRewards Visa signature (15000) / NFCU Flagship Visa signature (12500) / NFCU Navcheck (5000) / Nordstrom (500) / MetroCU Visa Elite (5000) / Walmart (4500) / Kays Jewerels (6600) / Kohls (300) / Macys Platinum (2500) / DCU platinum Visa (17500) / Citizens bank cash back (1100) / Bill Me Later (1631) / PayPal Smart connect (2200) / BestBuy store card (2000)
Message 2 of 7
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

Thank you. That is the information I needed.

Message 3 of 7
LS2982
Mega Contributor

AFIAK GE's online CLI button still does not work you have to call in.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 7
Stephen_Dashman
Contributor

I tried just before two months and it mentioned my income not being high enough online but just received mail that my accout hadn't been open long enough. So I might try in a couple months now unless they do an auto.

EX 690 (Credit.com 6/14) | EQ 673 (DCU 6/14) | TU 705 (Walmart 7/14)

BofA BB Rewards 4000 | Walmart Discover 4000 | AMEX BCE 3400 | DCU Visa Platinum 3200 | Affinity Plus Visa Rewards 3000 | Capital One Cash Rewards 1500 | NTB Card 700

Message 5 of 7
dddewdrop
Valued Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:
AFIAK GE's online CLI button still does not work you have to call in.

Thanks. I decided to hold off for 6 months anyway. I am not using my card other than a token transaction anyway. Im following the advice here and have 0 balance on one card and 25 dollar balance on the other which represents like 4% utilisation so i am optimised in that department for the time being. I'm just going to garden for 6 months and count my blessings that I was approved for 2 unsecured credit cards with such low FICO scores.....

Message 6 of 7
colindidit
Established Contributor

I'd try , why not it's a soft pull Smiley Tongue, id wait only three months buy some gum then call the number and ask for an increase. They're usually pretty generous
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.