Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmart store card CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Walmart store card CLI

Denied for a cli via Synchrony since the account is just a month old- should I try Credit Solutions? Their crazy low SL makes no sense whatsoever and does more damage than good. If I don't get a cli increase I will probably just close the card.

Message 11 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Denied for a cli via Synchrony since the account is just a month old- should I try Credit Solutions? Their crazy low SL makes no sense whatsoever and does more damage than good. If I don't get a cli increase I will probably just close the card.

I think you need to wait for at least three month before you can request CLI or Fico to be improve more than where they are, as listed in your sig.  I was stuck at the SL of $ 150 for six months before approved for a CLI to $ 1K.  I believe my TU score was in the 650's when CLI were approved on most of my Synchrony accounts.   

Message 12 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

With your scores in low 600s you need time before CLI.

Scores like that either reflect derogatory accounts or very high utilization. Don’t expect Sync love until you’re over 650 TU.
Message 13 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

As far as how to take advantage of what you have NOW.  This is how I would use this card:

The low CL doesn't do more harm than good, unless you max it out and then let it report high utilization.  Use the card, and PIF immediately.  That's it.  Don't carry a balance with that low of a limit.  Don't close the account.  Use what you have.  It will make a difference AS LONG AS you don't let it report high utilization!!

Good luck!

Message 14 of 17
iluvnola
Valued Member

wrote:

I have had the card about 3 months. The SL was $600. In the last few weeks I had tried the CLI button on the site several times, and was auto denied no matter how little I requested. Finally read some posts on here saying to use the chat feature. I opened that up this morning and told them I wanted a $3000 limit. They instantly granted it. I was feeling like I could have gotten more, so later in the day I went on again and asked for 5000, they countered with 3500. I am pleased with the results! Now my second highest CL as I work on rebuilding. My TU Fico score was at 653 last I got to check.

@ SteiCamel Thanks for this post!! I also asked for a CLI via the button and was denied. So immediately after I saw your post and decided to start a chat and request an increase. I asked for $5000 or more and they countered back with a $3200 increase to my already $800 CL. So now I have $4000. I am happy now, as I have requested increases in the past and it was always a denial. My TU fico is 677, my util on this card is 0% and my overall util is 16%.
Personal

Business

Scores:10/01/17 FICO 8 EQ 629 TU 626 EX 634
Scores:08/01/18 FICO 8 EQ 678 TU 731 EX 695

Scores:09/01/19 FICO 8 EQ 720 TU 730 EX 695

Scores:09/01/21 FICO 8 EQ 762 TU 767 EX 757
Goal Scores: 760+ ATB FICO 8

Message 15 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

After reading these postings I went for it. The last time I tried just over a month ago, I was turned down. I tried this morning for $1K, and was approved. That is my first CLI with WM in two and a half years. Started with $800 in May, 2015, CLI of $4200 in August, 2015 and then nothing. Light usage on the card, but I did purchase a large TV for my GF for Christmas and right after I paid it I tried for a CLI. No go until now.

Message 16 of 17
Jerry45
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!! Wally and Synch have been good to me also

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.