cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcome to your new Barclaycard Rewards....

tag
AJwant700s

Welcome to your new Barclaycard Rewards....

It has been a year since I tried applying for any type of credit. I felt my scores are finally getting decent enough to apply. FICO EQ at 669. I finally tried for the Barclaycard that I have been reading about...and to my great surprise, I was instantly approved with CL of $1500.00!!! This is my highest credit limit card now!!!

I am sooo excited! this gives me hope toward improvements! I plan to only use this at 1% util and this should help my overall util as well.

I tried for Chase Freedom and was denied w/ recon fail. no more attempts for now

PS

I need to relax as my rental lease ends and will be looking to apply for rental within the next 4 months

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Blackrv7
Frequent Contributor

Re: Welcome to your new Barclaycard Rewards....

Congrats!! Treat that card nicely and you will be rewarded down the road.  Congrats!!

Current myFico EX 734, EQ 777, TU 742
AAoA 6 years 3 months, Length 25 years 2 months

Message 2 of 12
brikays
Regular Contributor

Congratulations....

~ Hover over cards to view limits ~

Message 3 of 12
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats.

Message 4 of 12
hot4u
Established Contributor

Congrats..

(Chase)- Freedom, CSP®, United MileagePlus® Explorer, Marriott Rewards® Premier, Penfed cash+ rewards/Promise/Defender.
Amex’s- BCE, Hilton, SPG®, PRG® and Blue®, NFCU Cash Rewards, FHB Destinations World Elite.
- Amex Centurion,(Citi) Executive/Platinum® Advantage

Alaska Airlines
Message 5 of 12
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 12
AJwant700s

Thank you everyone! I appreciate the encouragement!

Message 7 of 12
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 8 of 12
DomoNomo
Contributor

@AJwant700s wrote:

It has been a year since I tried applying for any type of credit. I felt my scores are finally getting decent enough to apply. FICO EQ at 669. I finally tried for the Barclaycard that I have been reading about...and to my great surprise, I was instantly approved with CL of $1500.00!!! This is my highest credit limit card now!!!

I am sooo excited! this gives me hope toward improvements! I plan to only use this at 1% util and this should help my overall util as well.

I tried for Chase Freedom and was denied w/ recon fail. no more attempts for now

PS

I need to relax as my rental lease ends and will be looking to apply for rental within the next 4 months

Congrats.  Don't go on an App spree or you'll find yourself without a card.

Message 9 of 12
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.