cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Welcoming Citi Prestige to my wallet!

tag
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Welcoming Citi Prestige to my wallet!

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats on your approval!  JealousSmiley Happy... I am scared to apply for citi!

Go for it! Apply for the prestige..I'm sure they're more lenient on cards with high AFs.

Tell you this much, makes that denial from that "other" bank from earlier seem so distant. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

I somewhat believe what you say about the AF they are willing to overlook inquiries/new accounts and possibly a few other things with said AF

I need to remain in the garden for a year to let the inquiries lose the stings along with all my new credit, but definitely be on my Christmas list for next year!  Congrats once again!

Message 11 of 26
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Congrats on your approval!  JealousSmiley Happy... I am scared to apply for citi!

Go for it! Apply for the prestige..I'm sure they're more lenient on cards with high AFs.

Tell you this much, makes that denial from that "other" bank from earlier seem so distant. Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy Smiley Very Happy

I somewhat believe what you say about the AF they are willing to overlook inquiries/new accounts and possibly a few other things with said AF

I need to remain in the garden for a year to let the inquiries lose the stings along with all my new credit, but definitely be on my Christmas list for next year!  Congrats once again!

Same here. I wanted to get one last app in for '15. Task complete! No apps for 2016!

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!  Easily my favorite card. 

Message 13 of 26
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 14 of 26
galahad15
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on the new Citi Prestige and on the excellent SL!

Message 15 of 26
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

Thanks all.

I think I'm going to recon that limit. Thoughts?

769 INQs: 6774 INQs: 5764 INQs: 8UTIL: 2%AAoA: 5yr 8mosTotal Credit Line: $873,950
Message 16 of 26
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Thanks all.

Will be another HP, but you certainly can if you would like to if you don't mind another HP and think Income/profile can support it.  Although do you really need more than 13.5k?  I agree higher limits as well, but rarely use more than a few k of them and then PIF.

Message 17 of 26
Ysettle4
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

@Ysettle4 wrote:

Thanks all.

Will be another HP, but you certainly can if you would like to if you don't mind another HP and think Income/profile can support it.  Although do you really need more than 13.5k?  I agree higher limits as well, but rarely use more than a few k of them and then PIF.

Oh, certainly another hard pull but if I can grow it to $25-$30K then it's worth it. I would rather the higher CL for padding and I do carry small balances for reporting purposes. I generally carry <9% balances on roughly 30% of my cards.

Message 18 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

With mine I had the T&C via UPS the next day...Tricky.  And then they FedEx'd the card within 2 days after the T&C

Message 19 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Mine shipped out via FedEx the business day after the day of approval. It shipped FedEx Standard Overnight. My paperwork came the next day via UPS.

Approved - 12/15 at 1 AM ish

Shipped - 12/16

Arrived - 12/17 via FedEx

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.