cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well, I guess I'm about done with my App-o-rama!

tag
CribDuchess
Established Contributor

Re: Well, I guess I'm about done with my App-o-rama!

Wow, Kenny!!!  You done good!!  Smiley Happy  Very, very nice approvals!

Very jealous.  I wish I could get the Chase Ink.  We don't have a business, though. Smiley Sad

FICOs: TU08 842 EQ08 850 EX08 850

My Wallet: Amex Gold NPSL; Amex Optima Platinum $25K; Amex BCE $12K; Apple Card $20K; BofA Travel Rewards Visa Sig $67.6K; Cap1 Quicksilver Visa Sig $10K; CSP $28.2K; Chase Freedom $13K; Chase Freedom Unlimited $21.4K; Citi Costco Visa $19.3K; Citi Double Cash $13.5K; Citi Simplicity Visa $23.3K; Discover IT $50K; Fidelity Visa $25K; NFCU Flagship Visa Sig $40K; NFCU More Rewards Amex $30K; PenFed Plat Rewards Visa Sig $50K; Sears MC $10.1K; US Bank Altitude Go Visa Sig $20K; US Bank Cash+ Visa Sig $26K; Wells Fargo Rewards Visa Sig $14K
Message 11 of 30
tonyjones
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

Had been struggling with staying in the garden for a little bit. I had been doing pretty well, but seeing success with rising scores and credit limits, I thought what the hay get the cards that you want and if it works out fine, if not, oh well! Smiley Happy Decided to app for the Cash + first as that was the card that I most wanted. Apped over the phone with a nice lady, I explained I was nervous as this was my first application over the phone before and I had researched this card and couldn't wait to get it one day. I probably sounded like a dork. She explained that I was recommended for approval, but that it had to be processed and to just keep calling the automated line until you find out if you're approved or not. Called, got the approval and then was transferred to a man and I was approved for 11k! Pretty surprised but happy. Next came the Fidelity Amex -- 7.5k same as all of my other BoA cards.  Decided against the Merrill at this time, because really I just didn't think it would have much value for me nor would I be of value to it. The Ink plus was a biggy for me because I wanted the 50k UR and the 5% on Cells and telephone (my cable is also included with my telephone!) bills. Love that perk --- probably will keep the card indefinitely just because it makes pretty good CB each month.

Not going to go into every single application, but it was fun going through the motions of it all. Not a single instant approval on the computer. That was interesting even though they were "instant approvals" over the phone. If anyone has any questions -- of course, I certainly would love to answer them. lol

For the people who just want the gist of my apporama:

1.) US Bank Cash + -- 11k (TU pull) (Also opened a US Bank checking afterwards for the 150 dollar sign up bonus on it. Still waiting on PIN to come for Checking card to actually enrole for online account management. Luckily, I've already picked my 5% categories.)

2.) Fidelity Amex -- 7.5k (TU pull)

3.) Chase Ink Plus -- 18k (EQ pull)

4.) PenFed Visa Signature & Promise -- 7.5k (Both approved with one HP to EQ)

5.) Chase Marriott Rewards Premier -- 5k (lower because of 18k approval from Ink Plus -- would have apped for this first had I known that the business card would have gotten most of my total exposure from Chase.) (EQ pull) 

6.) CLI on Arrival from 5k to 10k. Called backdoor number to get them to use same HP for CLI on Sallie Mae for 7k to 10k CLI there. (One TU pull)

7.) SP CLI on Lowe's from 10k to 25k

8.) Ameriprise Platinum --- Needed AAoA boost to negate any damage from all of the new accounts popping up. (EX pull only)

I know.. seems crazy, but score watch just alerted me that I had another account hit today and it only went down 2 points. Future credit goals though are to not app for anything else in 2014. Want a new car, but I need to be responsible and keep the one I have for now, and just reevaluate when I have all credit card debt zeroed other than monthly PIF spending. I would like to go into credit hibernation! Smiley Very Happy LOL

Can  you post your stats? (FICO Score, AAoA, Inquiries, Credit Utilization, any baddies?)

Current Fico Scores: (December 2023)
Message 12 of 30
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

@KennyRS wrote:

Had been struggling with staying in the garden for a little bit. I had been doing pretty well, but seeing success with rising scores and credit limits, I thought what the hay get the cards that you want and if it works out fine, if not, oh well! Smiley Happy Decided to app for the Cash + first as that was the card that I most wanted. Apped over the phone with a nice lady, I explained I was nervous as this was my first application over the phone before and I had researched this card and couldn't wait to get it one day. I probably sounded like a dork. She explained that I was recommended for approval, but that it had to be processed and to just keep calling the automated line until you find out if you're approved or not. Called, got the approval and then was transferred to a man and I was approved for 11k! Pretty surprised but happy. Next came the Fidelity Amex -- 7.5k same as all of my other BoA cards.  Decided against the Merrill at this time, because really I just didn't think it would have much value for me nor would I be of value to it. The Ink plus was a biggy for me because I wanted the 50k UR and the 5% on Cells and telephone (my cable is also included with my telephone!) bills. Love that perk --- probably will keep the card indefinitely just because it makes pretty good CB each month.

Not going to go into every single application, but it was fun going through the motions of it all. Not a single instant approval on the computer. That was interesting even though they were "instant approvals" over the phone. If anyone has any questions -- of course, I certainly would love to answer them. lol

1.) US Bank Cash + -- 11k (TU pull) (Also opened a US Bank checking afterwards for the 150 dollar sign up bonus on it. Still waiting on PIN to come for Checking card to actually enrole for online account management. Luckily, I've already picked my 5% categories.)

5.) Chase Marriott Rewards Premier -- 5k (lower because of 18k approval from Ink Plus -- would have apped for this first had I known that the business card would have gotten most of my total exposure from Chase.) (EQ pull) 

6.) CLI on Arrival from 5k to 10k. Called backdoor number to get them to use same HP for CLI on Sallie Mae for 7k to 10k CLI there. (One TU pull)

8.) Ameriprise Platinum --- Needed AAoA boost to negate any damage from all of the new accounts popping up. (EX pull only)

I know.. seems crazy, but score watch just alerted me that I had another account hit today and it only went down 2 points. Future credit goals though are to not app for anything else in 2014. Want a new car, but I need to be responsible and keep the one I have for now, and just reevaluate when I have all credit card debt zeroed other than monthly PIF spending. I would like to go into credit hibernation! Smiley Very Happy LOL

Nice run, grats to all your success Smiley Happy

Message 13 of 30
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats Kenny! You have done really well!
Message 14 of 30
kaskuli
Regular Contributor

Congrats Kenny!

$26500 Amex EDP / $20000 Merrill+ / $12000 Chase Sapphire Preferred / $12000 Chase British Airways / $7500 Barclays Arrival+ / $7500 FIA Amex / $7500 Paypal Extras MC / $7000 Chase Freedom / $3500 Discover It
Message 15 of 30
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Whew! That's quite a New List!!

Congrats! on a successful App-O-Rama Smackdown! Smiley Very Happy

Message 16 of 30
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats!

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 17 of 30
dursty87
Established Contributor

Great spree.  Awesome cards with nice CL's.  Congrats!

Message 18 of 30
BluePoodle
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

Thansk for sharing Kenny! Especially about your experience with the Cash+. When I come out of the garden that is one of the cards I would like to get.

Congrats on your successful spree!

CapOne $7500 | Discover $8500 | Amex ED $25K | Barclay SM $5700 | Chase Disney $500 | Chase Slate $5K | Target $3K | Hilton Amex $2K
Gardening Since 4/3/2017
Message 19 of 30
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@tonyjones wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

Can  you post your stats? (FICO Score, AAoA, Inquiries, Credit Utilization, any baddies?)

Fico score is in the signature, AAoA around 5 years, Utilization at time of app was 3-4% aggregate with balances on 3-4 cards, no Baddies ever, Low inquiries less than 5. Experian had 7 now up to 8.

Message 20 of 30
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.