Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Well....SAMs MC approved after all!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Well....SAMs MC approved after all!

Wow Pizza, very nice, congrats on the approval !!!

Message 21 of 33
myjourney
Super Contributor

Congrats now get to stepping .....Oh you know where Lol

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 22 of 33
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Grats

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 23 of 33
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Major congrats!

screamer.gif

My Sam's Club MasterCard has become the most active card in my wallet... if somebody had told me a few years ago that once I had Amex, Discover (and other great cards) that a Synchrony card would be my 'favorite' I would have been quite confused... LOL!

I got mine back in August with a SL of $1500 (immediate approval online).  I went to a local club a couple of days later and had my picture made, since I only became a member online just minutes before I got the MasterCard, and when I got the new card it did have my picture on the back, but it's really small, and honestly it could be any random guy - it's that fuzzy.  Oh well, it serves it's purpose, I guess. (I still haven't figured that purpose out, since at my club they don't check, but I digress...)

After a few months of charging $1k+ and paying the account in full, they raised my credit line to $4850 in November.  I'm still using it quite often (around $1.2k each month) and I'm hoping for more auto-luv around March.  I'm sure a call to Credit Solutions could likely save me the wait, but honestly it's very usable at its current limit, and waiting gives me something to look forward to... LOL.  (Before the auto-CLI, I tried using the button a couple of times online, but it didn't work - they just mailed me the usual 'not enough experience at this credit limit' letter.  FWIW, the last time I tried the button was only a couple of days before the auto-CLI.)

If you made your requisite $50 or higher purchase the day the card was approved, be sure to watch for your $20 statement credit.  I made the purchase, but the statement credit never showed up.  Somehow, the transaction date on my credit card statement ended up being the same as the post date (which was the next day), and I had to provide them proof that I did, indeed, make the purchase on the first day.  After a couple of SMs back and forth, they agreed and gave me the credit. (I know it's just $20, but that's real money!)

Again, huge congrats; you're going to love it!  Smiley Very Happy

Side note:  I agree with others that say once they text you the code to read back, the decision has been made.  A few days after my approval for the Sam's MasterCard, I applied for Care Credit and was given the application number and instructed to call.  I was pleasantly surprised at how efficient the person I got was; while I could hear her doing a lot of typing which took a minute or so, it seems she really just wanted to confirm my phone number - she asked if she could send the text although I never indicated my phone was a mobile, so I assumed their system picked up on that.  Once I read the text back, she didn't hesitate to tell me I was approved, so to everybody else out there, don't be afraid to call if you get the same message!  Smiley Wink

Message 24 of 33
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Congrats....looks like a very nice card and whenever I am ready for Synchrony then this will be the card to go for ..lol

Message 25 of 33
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good lord woman, you have no idea what gardening is. Congrats on your approvals anyway!

Message 26 of 33
happypill
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

I have a question for you pizza, on your Synchrony app spree, did you get a HP for each application, or did they use the same one?

Message 27 of 33
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval !

I waited for the longest time to see if they would offer the upgrade, but alas....never happened. So I decided to pull the trigger & approved for $2500 (now at $4500 & I still have the store credit line of $10,000) but my MC sees ALL the action Smiley Wink

SisterGirl
Message 28 of 33
OMW2_HighAcheiver
Established Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

Congrats now get to stepping .....Oh you know where Lol

Hahahahahahaha 

Congrats Pizza! 👏👏👏👏👏

Message 29 of 33
Man-Of-Steel
Established Contributor

Pizza, congratulations on your successful app spree!

Message 30 of 33
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.