Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLI

tag
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo CLI

I got a credit increase for my Wells Fargo College Cashback from 1200 to 1500 in October 2012. I'm thinking about asking for another increase in april, do you think my new cards will affect my approval chances? I got four new cards in January. Also, I closed my checking with them this month. 

Info: Fulltime Student, 19yo, Credit card was opened 3/2012

Pros:

3000(Oct 2012) to 10,000 income(Now)

Longer credit history

Always pay on time

Cons:

4 new cards in January

Closed a five year checking account with them

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo CLI

I'd try... Make sure to inquire if it is a hp or a sp.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 2 of 10
BearsAndTurtlesRtheBest
Senior Contributor

i say lesss go! and ask what he said ^^

Discover IT $2,600- First Premier MasterCard $1,000- Dillards Store Card $300- Fingerhut Advantage $200
Chapter 7 BK Dischagred on 07/11/16. Gardening Since 01/17/2019
Message 3 of 10
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

I'm might just wait a year or so.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 4 of 10
enharu
Super Contributor

as long as it's not a HP, it won't affect your chances for other cards.

Just tell them to make sure its a SP, not a HP.

They might increase u a little more, but it won't be too drastic. They didn't up my CL too high back then until I got out of the college card and switched to the platinum instead. A lot of other people who had the college card also complained of the same issues. 

You closing your checking account might affect it a little as well, especially if you had a high balance with them before.

Always worth a try if it's a SP though. Even if they said no, it won't hurt.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 5 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Wells fargo is a 6 month thing most of the time (every 6 months). Cli will be a soft pull and they will counter offer. It will be a HP if initially denied and they send it further (which you can request they not do), or if they counter offer and you want them to "further process" for the whole amount you asked for.
Message 6 of 10
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

@jsucool76 wrote:
Wells fargo is a 6 month thing most of the time (every 6 months). Cli will be a soft pull and they will counter offer. It will be a HP if initially denied and they send it further (which you can request they not do), or if they counter offer and you want them to "further process" for the whole amount you asked for.

So, basicially if they don't accept my offer and counter offer it will be a soft pull, but if i get denied it's a hardpull, correct?

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 7 of 10
jsucool76
Super Contributor

If they counter offer...
(random #s)
Say you request 5k and they say "we can approve you for 3500,would you like to submit it for further processing?"
If you say yes it is a HP, if you say no it is a SP.

If you get denied they'll use the same "would you like to submit for further processing?"
Yes is a HP, no is a SP
Message 8 of 10
CredittotheMax
Frequent Contributor

Ok, thanks! 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Message 9 of 10
WhyDidntIListentoMom
Established Member

@jsucool76 wrote:
If they counter offer...
(random #s)
Say you request 5k and they say "we can approve you for 3500,would you like to submit it for further processing?"
If you say yes it is a HP, if you say no it is a SP.

If you get denied they'll use the same "would you like to submit for further processing?"
Yes is a HP, no is a SP

Has that always been the case? I could've sworn the last time I asked for a CLI they said it would be a HP. Although, I think I was going to have to move from the college card to Regular Platinum, so maybe that was it. According the Rep, she couldn't understand my account or where it came from... oh gotta love legacy Wachovia!

Starting Score: EX 594
Current Score: EX 680
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

AMEX PRG - NPSL | USAirways MC - 7.4k | Wells Fargo VS - 4.7k | Chase Freedom MC - 3.5k | BML CL 2.5k | J.Crew Retail - 1.47k
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.