Credit Cards Center Credit cards from our partners
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo CLI

I got a credit increase for my Wells Fargo College Cashback from 1200 to 1500 in October 2012. I'm thinking about asking for another increase in april, do you think my new cards will affect my approval chances? I got four new cards in January. Also, I closed my checking with them this month. 

Info: Fulltime Student, 19yo, Credit card was opened 3/2012

Pros:

3000(Oct 2012) to 10,000 income(Now)

Longer credit history

Always pay on time

Cons:

4 new cards in January

Closed a five year checking account with them

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
FICO = EQ: 786 (1/15) TU:774 (2/15) EX: 767 (2/15)
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo CLI

I'd try... Make sure to inquire if it is a hp or a sp.
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Senior Contributor

i say lesss go! and ask what he said ^^

Secured: Non Secured:
(EQ FICO 614) (EX FICO 631) (TU FICO 628) Gardening Since 08/15/15 For All 3 Credit Bureaus
Frequent Contributor

I'm might just wait a year or so.

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Super Contributor

as long as it's not a HP, it won't affect your chances for other cards.

Just tell them to make sure its a SP, not a HP.

They might increase u a little more, but it won't be too drastic. They didn't up my CL too high back then until I got out of the college card and switched to the platinum instead. A lot of other people who had the college card also complained of the same issues. 

You closing your checking account might affect it a little as well, especially if you had a high balance with them before.

Always worth a try if it's a SP though. Even if they said no, it won't hurt.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Super Contributor

Wells fargo is a 6 month thing most of the time (every 6 months). Cli will be a soft pull and they will counter offer. It will be a HP if initially denied and they send it further (which you can request they not do), or if they counter offer and you want them to "further process" for the whole amount you asked for.
Frequent Contributor

jsucool76 wrote:
Wells fargo is a 6 month thing most of the time (every 6 months). Cli will be a soft pull and they will counter offer. It will be a HP if initially denied and they send it further (which you can request they not do), or if they counter offer and you want them to "further process" for the whole amount you asked for.

So, basicially if they don't accept my offer and counter offer it will be a soft pull, but if i get denied it's a hardpull, correct?

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Super Contributor

If they counter offer...
(random #s)
Say you request 5k and they say "we can approve you for 3500,would you like to submit it for further processing?"
If you say yes it is a HP, if you say no it is a SP.

If you get denied they'll use the same "would you like to submit for further processing?"
Yes is a HP, no is a SP
Frequent Contributor

Ok, thanks! 

$5k$4.5k$2.8k$8k$500
Highlighted
Established Member

jsucool76 wrote:
If they counter offer...
(random #s)
Say you request 5k and they say "we can approve you for 3500,would you like to submit it for further processing?"
If you say yes it is a HP, if you say no it is a SP.

If you get denied they'll use the same "would you like to submit for further processing?"
Yes is a HP, no is a SP

Has that always been the case? I could've sworn the last time I asked for a CLI they said it would be a HP. Although, I think I was going to have to move from the college card to Regular Platinum, so maybe that was it. According the Rep, she couldn't understand my account or where it came from... oh gotta love legacy Wachovia!

Starting Score: EX 594
Current Score: EX 680
Goal Score: 725

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

AMEX PRG - NPSL | USAirways MC - 7.4k | Wells Fargo VS - 4.7k | Chase Freedom MC - 3.5k | BML CL 2.5k | J.Crew Retail - 1.47k
Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.