Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo CLI

tag
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo CLI

No, system CLI said they will have to HP and I said no. Wells Fargo is like Capital One of the past.

Message 11 of 20
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@corymcd88 wrote:

No, system CLI said they will have to HP and I said no. Wells Fargo is like Capital One of the past.

How often do you use the card? And what is your profile like now vs. when you got the card?

Message 12 of 20
corymcd88
Valued Contributor

@lhcole77 wrote:

@corymcd88 wrote:

How often do you use the card? And what is your profile like now vs. when you got the card?

Oct 2011 , 580 now 821. I use about $80.00 each mouth on the card with only $300.00 line.

Message 13 of 20
enharu
Super Contributor

Wells Fargo focuses a lot on relationships, to the extent it can be a really good or really bad thing.

When I maintained high balances in my WF accounts, I used to get auto CLIs every 6-10 months. The amounts increased were not significant, but nevertheless a good sign when its done automatically by the bank without you having to ask. Then, after I took my money out, each SP CLI request have been rejected with #1 reason being cited as "low average daily checking and savings balances in the past 9 months".

People with 720+ credit scores have been rejected for credit card apps as well simply for not having a checking or savings account with Wells Fargo.

On the other hand, if you are willing and can maintain a banking account and deposit at least 5k (preferably 10k) with them, then they tend to be a lot more lenient when it comes to credit card underwriting. It isn't going to overturn major derogs such as bankruptcy, but it's going to help people with scores around 650ish for example.

JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Makes sense as they are a Mortgage and Savings oriented type of bank.

Both of which tend to be of a long term nature.

Message 15 of 20
VegasKyle
Regular Contributor

@enharu wrote:

Wells Fargo focuses a lot on relationships, to the extent it can be a really good or really bad thing.

When I maintained high balances in my WF accounts, I used to get auto CLIs every 6-10 months. The amounts increased were not significant, but nevertheless a good sign when its done automatically by the bank without you having to ask. Then, after I took my money out, each SP CLI request have been rejected with #1 reason being cited as "low average daily checking and savings balances in the past 9 months".

People with 720+ credit scores have been rejected for credit card apps as well simply for not having a checking or savings account with Wells Fargo.

On the other hand, if you are willing and can maintain a banking account and deposit at least 5k (preferably 10k) with them, then they tend to be a lot more lenient when it comes to credit card underwriting. It isn't going to overturn major derogs such as bankruptcy, but it's going to help people with scores around 650ish for example.

+1

WF approved me for a card last year and my credit score was 0, yes zero (or N/A to be more correct) I didnt have any open TL and I wasn't generating a score with EX at least.  I did have a couple bank accounts with them and have had a decent amount of money on deposit with them for a couple years.  I have no doubt it was the reason I was approved for a card and have recieved 2 auto CLI in the 18mo or so I've had the card. 

Starting Score: EQ 599, TU 577
Current Score: EQ 703 9/20/14(HI 741 on 5/13), TU 690 10/1/14 (HI 751 on 5/13), EX 700 10/1/14
Goal Score: 750+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Where is there a cli button for this? Just wanna see if this card is worth keeping!
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Where is there a cli button for this? Just wanna see if this card is worth keeping!

On the phone. Or send a SM and they will snail mail you a form

Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Seesh, I hate talking on the phone with them. They keep me on forever.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

What a joke! They soft pulled me and gave me a 200 dollar increase. LOL.
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.