Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa approved - successful SL recon

tag
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa approved - successful SL recon

Wanted to take advantage of the 0% for 15 mos. offer, so apped in the branch next to my work. After answering some verification questions, was told I was approved for $3500. Told them that wasn't really useful and compared to my other limits was too small. Got transferred to an underwriter who asked what I wanted, and said she'd call me back in about 15 min. She did call back shortly thereafter and said she could approve my request and the card would be on its way!

Was mostly pleased since it seems getting them to do an initial recon is (or was) quite rare. They pulled TU, which is odd for where I'm at in CA - was fully expecting EX.

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo Cash Wise Visa approved - successful SL recon

Congrats on the new Visa - seems WF is not too popular around here right about now, but we jumped on that card too mostly due to the 15 months 00% APR interest and in fact during that period they pay you to use their card, even if you carry a balance - which of course is the real value of a 00% intro with a "cash back" card..  

Message 2 of 5
heyryan
Frequent Contributor

That was exactly my thinking pipeguy. I have about 5.5K in balances I'm going to transfer, which will leave me at around 0 across the board (except for my small "good reporting"  balance), and I can still use the card to make purchases.

I've had good luck with WF. I don't think their corporate culture was/is unique in the banking world, I think they just were a little more egregious about how they went about things. They actually have a good mortgage program I'm considering next spring/summer, so I want to build a bit of a relationship now since they seem to like that in their customers.

@pipeguy wrote:

Congrats on the new Visa - seems WF is not too popular around here right about now, but we jumped on that card too mostly due to the 15 months 00% APR interest and in fact during that period they pay you to use their card, even if you carry a balance - which of course is the real value of a 00% intro with a "cash back" card..  

Personal:

Business:

(TU Split File - FIXED!)
Message 3 of 5
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Congrats.  What limit did they actually give you?  I have looked at this card each time I log into my account to check my mortgage.  The card is appealing in a strange sort of way . . . just need to keep my finger off the button right now.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 5
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Nevermnd, just saw it in your sig.  Nice recon.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.