Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wells Fargo graduation!!

tag
aplast
Regular Contributor

Re: Wells Fargo graduation!!

@rc1078 wrote:

I got the Card on Thursday 12/20 and a check?!? in the mail on Saturday 12/22....I bank with WF and I have deposited and paid all the money for this account through my wells fargo checking, and yet they mail me a check? 

Oh well, I am glad to have gotten my check back already!!

Strange how they mailed you a check.... My deposit showed up in my savings account... When I set the secured card up I funded the deposit through my checking account. Weird how they are refunding our money, but hey, at least we got it back.

Message 51 of 61
aplast
Regular Contributor

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
You guys! I have been following this thread because my WF card also graduated and today i received my new card. I was a bit dissapointed since its cl is still the same. Anyone who recieved their new card gotten a cli?
Now all i am waiting for is my depsoit to show up in my account.

My CL was the same as well. I called and asked if it was going to be a hard or soft pull, and couldnt get the same answer out of anyone, so I just left it how it is. I would like to hear about any success with a CLI after graduation as well.

Message 52 of 61
rbusch34
Established Member

I graduated December 2012 and Just received a CLI of $1100 as of yesterday w/o requesting one. I also received a $400 CLI on top of my collateral before graduation. I think they evaluate every 6-8 months but no one will confirm that with me.

Starting Scores: EQ 621 EX 613 TU 603
05/04/2013: EQ 701 EX 663 TU 720 lender pull
Goal Score: 750 Across the board
In My Wallet Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000 Macy's $800 Victoria's Secret $730 Express $500

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 53 of 61
ObeyJohnny12
Established Contributor

Congrats on the increase. Do you use the card often? I requested a cli since i heard they are sp but i was denied and on top of that they did an hp. -_____- have t even used the card (still new) so i SD it.
Wells Fargo Secured - 7k
Opensky - 5k
Rebuilding One Day At A Time.
Message 54 of 61
rbusch34
Established Member

Thanks, and yes I use the card every month, pay my bills/grocery then pay it off. They are weird about the HP vs SP, they SP if you are approved for the increase and HP if denied or if they give you a counter offer to the CLI request.

Starting Scores: EQ 621 EX 613 TU 603
05/04/2013: EQ 701 EX 663 TU 720 lender pull
Goal Score: 750 Across the board
In My Wallet Wells Fargo Platinum Visa $3000 Macy's $800 Victoria's Secret $730 Express $500

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 55 of 61
maninder89
Established Member

I am still waiting fot them to graduate me. I have had this card since Jan 2012. 

Its a diffrent story that I did not have a SSN (Non-Immigrant in US) back then but the card is reporting to the CRAs. I see it on my credit reports.

I got my SSN this feb and applied for AMEX Delta Gold and was approved with $2000 which is more than enough for me as I am a student.

Still waiting for WF to graduate me and get the deposit back. Its 300 but 300 is like 3000 for students .. LOL.

Tried to call them twice , everytime they tried to get me to apply for a new card and close this account. Why would I close my oldest US card?

Hope they graduate me before I acutally graduate from Grad School;

EX FICO - 770 (Lender pull - AMEX) Feb '13
 photo Wells-Fargo-Cash-Back-Credi_zpsb9d8097b.jpg
Message 56 of 61
maninder89
Established Member

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:
Congrats on the increase. Do you use the card often? I requested a cli since i heard they are sp but i was denied and on top of that they did an hp. -_____- have t even used the card (still new) so i SD it.

I plan to SD my card as soon as I graduate. There is no point in using it as it gives no rewards. My AMEX atleast gives miles. Dont wanna close as it will kill my AAoA

Message 57 of 61
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@maninder89 wrote:

I am still waiting fot them to graduate me. I have had this card since Jan 2012. 

Its a diffrent story that I did not have a SSN (Non-Immigrant in US) back then but the card is reporting to the CRAs. I see it on my credit reports.

I got my SSN this feb and applied for AMEX Delta Gold and was approved with $2000 which is more than enough for me as I am a student.

Still waiting for WF to graduate me and get the deposit back. Its 300 but 300 is like 3000 for students .. LOL.

Tried to call them twice , everytime they tried to get me to apply for a new card and close this account. Why would I close my oldest US card?

You are not alone. I opened my secured card back in Jan 2012. Hope we both can graduate next month...:-). They did also give me an auto CLI of 500 this past november. They also only gave me a $5 annual fee on my anniversary date instead of the usual $25.  

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 58 of 61
dodgerslv
Valued Contributor

@maninder89 wrote:

@ObeyJohnny12 wrote:

I plan to SD my card as soon as I graduate. There is no point in using it as it gives no rewards. My AMEX atleast gives miles. Dont wanna close as it will kill my AAoA

Have you asked them if they can PC to the cashback platinum secured card? or if you do gradaute maybe they can do it then.

gardening since 5/21/2016
Message 59 of 61
maninder89
Established Member

@dodgerslv wrote:

@maninder89 wrote:

You are not alone. I opened my secured card back in Jan 2012. Hope we both can graduate next month...:-). They did also give me an auto CLI of 500 this past november. They also only gave me a $5 annual fee on my anniversary date instead of the usual $25.  

I hope so. Fingers Crossed. I havnt got any CLI (I mean I dont really expect them to give a CLI on 300 .. LOL) or reduced fee Smiley Tongue.
When I called they said that I will have to apply for cash reward card seperately and they can not convert a graduated card to cash back. I will just get the non rewards version. But you cant trust them, half of the time the CS people have no clue of what they are saying. 

Irrespective of the outcome I will keep AMEX as primary and WF where AMEX is not accepted.

Message 60 of 61
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.