cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Went crazy!!! recent approvals Whoop Whoop!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Went crazy!!! recent approvals Whoop Whoop!!

Short story, i filed for bk7 in 2011 and my house was foreclose in 2012. Since them i started working on my credit, first with a credit one visa $1450 and then with a credit one MC $900. in 2013 apply for a Barclay reward MC and was approved with $1300 cl. October 2014 i apply for multiple credit cards and was denied on almost all of them with the exception of Lowes, VS, Amazon store credit, Game stop and Paypal smart connect. Fast fwd to last week and i decided it was time to app for some credit cards.

Approved

US Bank flex + $1000 (called for cli no luck
Discover it $1500 (called for cli no luck
BoA travel $2000 called for cli no luck
Barclay apple $1500 (called and got bump to $4000

not approved

amex hilton-because of the bk7 no other reason
citi-because of the bk7 no other reason
cap 1- denied not even for quicksilver

since i was feeling lucky i decided to call synch to try to get some love on lowes and amazon, Lowes went from $300 to $4000.00 and amazon was denied any cli.
today i received a letter from paypal smart connect that it was getting converted into MC in 60 days. So i called them and ask for some cli and to my surprise it went from $800 to $3500. this year so far looks like it is going to be my year. iam thinking on closing GSTOP $600, VS $500 , CREDIT ONE VISA $1450 AND CREDIT ONE MC $900, what to do guys think?, also i want to try next year again for amex and citi.

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
SnowBowl
Frequent Contributor

Re: Went crazy!!! recent approvals Whoop Whoop!!

@Anonymous wrote:

Short story, i filed for bk7 in 2011 and my house was foreclose in 2012. Since them i started working on my credit, first with a credit one visa $1450 and then with a credit one MC $900. in 2013 apply for a Barclay reward MC and was approved with $1300 cl. October 2014 i apply for multiple credit cards and was denied on almost all of them with the exception of Lowes, VS, Amazon store credit, Game stop and Paypal smart connect. Fast fwd to last week and i decided it was time to app for some credit cards.

Approved

not approved

since i was feeling lucky i decided to call synch to try to get some love on lowes and amazon, Lowes went from $300 to $4000.00 and amazon was denied any cli.
today i received a letter from paypal smart connect that it was getting converted into MC in 60 days. So i called them and ask for some cli and to my surprise it went from $800 to $3500. this year so far looks like it is going to be my year. iam thinking on closing GSTOP $600, VS $500 , CREDIT ONE VISA $1450 AND CREDIT ONE MC $900, what to do guys think?, also i want to try next year again for amex and citi.

I would recommend for you to wait until 2018 for Citi cards...  here why...  my BK discharge date was back in 2008... Citi told me I had to wait 7 years if I wanted to get in their door... so I did that until my BK has aged at the very least 7 years old.. then back in December ( 2015 ) I applied for Citi double Cash card and got approved instantly $2,400 then This month March I got another Citi card AT&T access card instant approval as well.. same CL as double cash, I am gonna show payments history on both accounts and let it grow for next 12-18 months before I will apply for Presitage or Premier Card. 

on this date 1-22-24 all 3 bureaus are currently frozen until 1-22-26
VantageScore 3.0 EQ 753
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Rebuilder card is QS1 for capital one. You wont be approved for the normal QS. I suggest applying for the QS1 and platnum. 1sec apart. so they only do one pull from all three. After your first statement with the Platnum, you can PC to normal QS. Anyway, GL and keep us updated on what you decide to do and what you are approved for. Interesting to knowSmiley Happy

Message 3 of 13
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

Rebuilder card is QS1 for capital one. You wont be approved for the normal QS. I suggest applying for the QS1 and platnum. 1sec apart. so they only do one pull from all three. After your first statement with the Platnum, you can PC to normal QS. Anyway, GL and keep us updated on what you decide to do and what you are approved for. Interesting to knowSmiley Happy

+1

I'll just add that the QS1 MasterCard is actually a really good card, and later on you can always get it upgraded to a no-AF Quicksilver.  It took me longer than a month, but eventually I got the upgrade, and I can say the waiting was worth it.  Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals!

Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@SnowBowl wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved

not approved

I would recommend for you to wait until 2018 for Citi cards...  here why...  my BK discharge date was back in 2008... Citi told me I had to wait 7 years if I wanted to get in their door... so I did that until my BK has aged at the very least 7 years old.. then back in December ( 2015 ) I applied for Citi double Cash card and got approved instantly $2,400 then This month March I got another Citi card AT&T access card instant approval as well.. same CL as double cash, I am gonna show payments history on both accounts and let it grow for next 12-18 months before I will apply for Presitage or Premier Card. 

thanks for the info, my goal is to have an amex cc in the future so i guess i will have to wait. I will concentrate on this new cards.

Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

i will take your advise and apply for the rebuilder card from capital one. THANKS!!

Message 7 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Approved

not approved

Yes close out the subprime cards now, and garden for a good long while. You're doing great.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!

Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approvals !!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.